For gun nuts: Why have a revolver in modern times?

Glock’s struggling to keep up with US demand.

According to OnPointSupply Glock’s factory in in Smyrna, GA are unable to keep up with overwhelming demand. The factory is running two 8 hour shifts and producing 4000 pistols a day!

They have started to import Glock 19 pistols from Austria to meet the demand. These pistols can be identified by the Austrian proof mark which is an eagle next to the letters NPv (”Nitro Powder proofed”). Austrian guns are proofed with loads that are 30% more powerful that regular loads.

g19-slidemarking-small-1.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/03/05/glocks-struggling-to-keep-up-with-us-demand/

So Glock has a Austrian owned factory in GA producing the guns. If you notice on the wiki article it says Private ownership.

But a foreign owned company and the US built models are proofed at a weaker level than the Austrian built ones. check out the link I posted.
The ones I own were made in Georgia and work fine. They supply to about 60% of the police departments not to mention the US military. *shrug*

Do you have the derringer, or is it a larger handgun??

You have a Taurus Judge? Or is it the derringer that USFREEDOM asked about?

I assume you mean the .410 scatter gun? Hell, I think it's a handmade job. There is no serial number... ;) It holds two shells, but only fires one at a time, you 'flip' the barrel after firing, to fire the next round. Honestly, when it goes off the first time, it's probably enough... you either kill what you're shooting at, or it scares them to death... no need for the second shell!

It's really just a 'novelty' gun for me, I thought it was cool, so I bought it for $20 from this guy who was needing money. My favorite is my S&W Model 686P with 8" barrel. It was my father's gun, he gave it to me when I turned 21.

I assume you mean the .410 scatter gun? Hell, I think it's a handmade job. There is no serial number... ;) It holds two shells, but only fires one at a time, you 'flip' the barrel after firing, to fire the next round. Honestly, when it goes off the first time, it's probably enough... you either kill what you're shooting at, or it scares them to death... no need for the second shell!

It's really just a 'novelty' gun for me, I thought it was cool, so I bought it for $20 from this guy who was needing money. My favorite is my S&W Model 686P with 8" barrel. It was my father's gun, he gave it to me when I turned 21.

If all it will fire is .410 shells it is illegal as heck.

LOL, nice.....this is the best troll fishing I've seen in a while Grind. You should get some Grind points for this.

Taurus makes a whole line that will shoot .410 shot and .45 Colts. They have one nicknamed "The Judge". :)

http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-results.cfm?series=41&toggle=tr

Back