APP - Former U.S. Marine and U.N. Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter

Bingo. And the conversation would naturally move over to your thread too.

Without me, which is fine. Ofcourse, with this new software, I now have to request an Admin to do it. I'm currently giving Dutch a chance, in the -hopes- that he learns the error of his ways. The hope is dim, but it's there.

Even so, my apologies for the mistake.

Honestly, if you'd just stop referring to me as "she" and such, I'd say you're actually following the rules here. I actually did report one of your posts but asked that you only get a warning because I am -trying- to see if here, at least, you could stop misgendering me.

Ritter has maintained that he thought the people he was talking to online were adult females, as I pointed out in post #17.
Criminals always say they're innocent.

Scott Ritter had a fair hearing in court, and the court found him guilty of pursuing children for sexual gratification.

People who pursue children for sex have no integrity and should not be trusted

Honestly, if you'd just stop referring to me as "she" and such, I'd say you're actually following the rules here. I actually did report one of your posts but asked that you only get a warning because I am -trying- to see if here, at least, you could stop misgendering me.
You can call me "Commander" or "sir" and I'll call you whatever you like. :)

Scott Ritter had a fair hearing in court, and the court found him guilty of pursuing children for sexual gratification.

People who pursue children for sex have no integrity and should not be trusted
The only reason he isn't still in prison is because he didn't complete his desire to have sex with a 15 year old girl.

I'm not interested in taking such a test. I am biologically male. Used to be, that mattered, but now some people apparently want others to take tests like the one above, perhaps to continue to annoy them.
TBH, I didn't expect you to be. I was just curious if I was wrong.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said you can take it without revealing the results so I'll post it again:
Your choice to reveal the results or not.

Not true. Not only that, a fair amount of people confess to crimes they didn't even do. If you'd like to learn more on the subject of confessions, I think this article is good:

No, the court found him guilty of falling for 2 police sting operations. No minors were involved.

You can call me "Commander" or "sir" and I'll call you whatever you like. :)

I think not. My understanding is that you present as male, so I will refer to you as he/him. I've already stated that I'm biologically male and consider my gender to be male as well, so if you'd just do the same for me, it'd help a lot to heal the rift that's grown between us over time.

Again, Scott Ritter stated for the record that he thought that the people he spoke to online in the 2 police stings were adult females. He was clearly mistaken both times.
That's not what the Court found.

Criminal defendants almost always claim innocence.

I think not. My understanding is that you present as male, so I will refer to you as he/him. I've already stated that I'm biologically male and consider my gender to be male as well, so if you'd just do the same for me, it'd help a lot to heal the rift that's grown between us over time.
You want me to address you as you like yet you refuse to address me as I not only prefer, but earned? Interesting.

Again, Scott Ritter stated for the record that he thought that the people he spoke to online in the 2 police stings were adult females. He was clearly mistaken both times.
He lied as both his convictions, years apart, proved.

That's not what the Court found.

What the court, or more specifically, the judge rendering the verdict, Jennifer Harlacher Sibum, was a travesty. Even the New York Times made this clear to some extent:
After hearing testimony from dueling psychologists, Judge Sibum decided that Ritter met the state standard for being classified as a violent predator — despite having never displayed a sexually violent tendency. This meant that he would have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Source:

I found no compelling evidence in the New York Times article that Ritter knew that the people he was chatting to in an adult chat room were actually minors, and everyone knows at this point that they weren't.

I think of the following line from Matt Bai's New York Times article that says a lot:
But Ritter has forcefully insisted all along that he did nothing wrong, beyond betraying Marina’s trust. “Why would I plead guilty to something I didn’t do?” he asked me, when I raised the issue of a plea arrangement. I suggested he might have done it to avoid going to jail.

And there you have it- Mr. Bai apparently thought he should have taken the please to avoid jail time, the truth be damned. I'll let Ritter have the last word, again from Mat Bai's article:

“I’ll tell you why it doesn’t matter,” Ritter was saying. [snip] I had asked him whether he thought he deserved some public acknowledgment that his warnings about Iraq and its supposed W.M.D.’s were correct. “Because today everybody knows I was right. I was right about one of the most significant issues in modern American history. I was the only one who was right about one of the most significant issues in modern American history.

“And yet,” Ritter went on, “the common reaction seems to be: ‘Well, that was then, this is now. Yeah, he was right back then, but how does that impact us today, 10 years later?’ ” He shook his head in disbelief. Ritter is an uncommonly articulate man, and when he gets going, the indignation flows in fully formed paragraphs. “What is the relevance of being right 10 years ago? I don’t know — talk about all the dead Americans. It’s relevant to their families, I would think. Talk about the tens of thousands of wounded Americans and the hundreds of thousands of dead and wounded Iraqis.”

You want me to address you as you like yet you refuse to address me as I not only prefer, but earned? Interesting.

Earned? Look, back in the day, we had male, female and yes, a few intersex people. If you claim you are female, I'll call you she. Heck, if you claim you are intersex, I'll call you they. And ofcourse I can call you he/him, which I think is what you prefer in these choices. There are more gender identities, as Wikipedia points out. They're certainly not as short as he/she/they, but perhaps we could find some abreviation for you if you claim to be one of them. But that's where this ends- as far as I know, "sir" and "commander" aren't genders. But hey, if you can show some evidence that they are and that you are one or both of these genders, by all means present it.

What the court, or more specifically, the judge rendering the verdict, Jennifer Harlacher Sibum, was a travesty. Even the New York Times made this clear to some extent:
After hearing testimony from dueling psychologists, Judge Sibum decided that Ritter met the state standard for being classified as a violent predator — despite having never displayed a sexually violent tendency. This meant that he would have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Source:

I found no compelling evidence in the New York Times article that Ritter knew that the people he was chatting to in an adult chat room were actually minors, and everyone knows at this point that they weren't.

I think of the following line from Matt Bai's New York Times article that says a lot:
But Ritter has forcefully insisted all along that he did nothing wrong, beyond betraying Marina’s trust. “Why would I plead guilty to something I didn’t do?” he asked me, when I raised the issue of a plea arrangement. I suggested he might have done it to avoid going to jail.

And there you have it- Mr. Bai apparently thought he should have taken the please to avoid jail time, the truth be damned. I'll let Ritter have the last word, again from Mat Bai's article:

“I’ll tell you why it doesn’t matter,” Ritter was saying. [snip] I had asked him whether he thought he deserved some public acknowledgment that his warnings about Iraq and its supposed W.M.D.’s were correct. “Because today everybody knows I was right. I was right about one of the most significant issues in modern American history. I was the only one who was right about one of the most significant issues in modern American history.

“And yet,” Ritter went on, “the common reaction seems to be: ‘Well, that was then, this is now. Yeah, he was right back then, but how does that impact us today, 10 years later?’ ” He shook his head in disbelief. Ritter is an uncommonly articulate man, and when he gets going, the indignation flows in fully formed paragraphs. “What is the relevance of being right 10 years ago? I don’t know — talk about all the dead Americans. It’s relevant to their families, I would think. Talk about the tens of thousands of wounded Americans and the hundreds of thousands of dead and wounded Iraqis.”

He had two convictions. What did the judge say in the other case?

Earned? Look, back in the day, we had male, female and yes, a few intersex people. If you claim you are female, I'll call you she. Heck, if you claim you are intersex, I'll call you they. And ofcourse I can call you he/him, which I think is what you prefer in these choices. There are more gender identities, as Wikipedia points out. They're certainly not as short as he/she/they, but perhaps we could find some abreviation for you if you claim to be one of them. But that's where this ends- as far as I know, "sir" and "commander" aren't genders. But hey, if you can show some evidence that they are and that you are one or both of these genders, by all means present it.
Sooo, you want me to address you as you like but you won't reciprocate? Why the one-sidedness?

Back