Generational differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
12400909_748106068660027_3592979269630963752_n.jpg

:evilnod:

Hmmm I'd have to blame their parents for that. Here's what my Dad would have said to those questions;

Why should I get a job? "Cause you'll need the money when I throw your ass out of the house."
Why should I leave home and find my own place? "So your mom and I can run around naked."
Why should I get a car when I can borrow your car? "Cause it's my car. Get your own damned car."
Why should I clean my room. "Cause #1. If you don't I'll throw your ass out and #2. Your mother might have you killed."
Why should I wash and iron my own cloths? "Cause no one wants to see you running around bare assed."
Why should I buy any food. "Cause going hungry sucks."

Hmmm I'd have to blame their parents for that. Here's what my Dad would have said to those questions;

Why should I get a job? "Cause you'll need the money when I throw your ass out of the house."
Why should I leave home and find my own place? "So your mom and I can run around naked."
Why should I get a car when I can borrow your car? "Cause it's my car. Get your own damned car."
Why should I clean my room. "Cause #1. If you don't I'll throw your ass out and #2. Your mother might have you killed."
Why should I wash and iron my own cloths? "Cause no one wants to see you running around bare assed."
Why should I buy any food. "Cause going hungry sucks."

My dad didn't say those things specifically but things to that effect. When I said I wanted something that fit into a category of the "Y" questions, although I'm not in the generation, he'd tell me to want in one hand, shit in the other, and see which one fills up first.

My dad didn't say those things specifically but things to that effect. When I said I wanted something that fit into a category of the "Y" questions, although I'm not in the generation, he'd tell me to want in one hand, shit in the other, and see which one fills up first.

Explains a lot. :rofl2:

cruelty breeds cruelty
No Desh, teaching a boy how to be a man is not cruelty. You do them no service not teaching them how to stand on their own two feet. Despite modern politics the over whelming majority of boys will grow up to be men who will be heads of traditional households supporting a wife and children and they need to learn the cold hard facts of life if they are going to be successful in that role. It's a fathers duty to teach his son's that. That is not cruelty or hate. It may be harsh but so is life and these are facts of life a young man needs to learn and it would be far more cruel and hateful to not teach the son you love how to stand on his own.

Besides, arguing politics about that don't mean shit when the burden and responsibility of providing for a family falls on your shoulders as it does, eventually, with most young men.

No Desh, teaching a boy how to be a man is not cruelty. You do them no service not teaching them how to stand on their own two feet. Despite modern politics the over whelming majority of boys will grow up to be men who will be heads of traditional households supporting a wife and children and they need to learn the cold hard facts of life if they are going to be successful in that role. It's a fathers duty to teach his son's that. That is not cruelty or hate. It may be harsh but so is life and these are facts of life a young man needs to learn and it would be far more cruel and hateful to not teach the son you love how to stand on his own.

Besides, arguing politics about that don't mean $&@# when the burden and responsibility of providing for a family falls on your shoulders as it does, eventually, with most young men.

:good4u:

Besides, arguing politics about that don't mean shit when the burden and responsibility of providing for a family falls on your shoulders as it does, eventually, with most young men.

I pride myself I that both my daughters earn as much or more than their husbands, they are able to supply for their families as well and this seems to be what is happening with the millenials, the responsibility just isn't the men's.

I pride myself I that both my daughters earn as much or more than their husbands, they are able to supply for their families as well and this seems to be what is happening with the millenials, the responsibility just isn't the men's.
Agreed and I certainly see nothing wrong with that, be that as it may, in most young families with children most cannot or chose not to pay for child care and thus a mutual division of labor is agreed upon and the young man accepts the role of provider and the young women as housewives and nurturers. At least until the children are old enough for her to re-enter the work force.

Agreed and I certainly see nothing wrong with that, be that as it may, in most young families with children most cannot or chose not to pay for child care and thus a mutual division of labor is agreed upon and the young man accepts the role of provider and the young women as housewives and nurturers. At least until the children are old enough for her to re-enter the work force.
More fathers are taking on this role as well. I encourage families to do what works best for them.

Unless they choose, as so many are, not to start a family at all.

Unless they choose, as so many are, not to start a family at all.
Or are not fortunate enough to have them. I'm not going to make a gender contest of this either. Young women also need to learn how to stand on their own, regardless of how ones family life is structured. It's just a fact that in most cases it's the male that takes on the role of provider and leader.

Maybe that's why evince believes as adults people should be given whatever they want even if someone else is forced to fund it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back