God

God is stupid, embraced by the stupid and the cynical totalitarians alike, who seek to use the god delusion as a form of control.
So you think that God is real, but stupid? Mostly stupid because he is used by some totalitarians to control other people?

I'm not quite into what you are saying here. The God I believe in has no urge to control anybody, nor is there a Priest to tell you what to do.

So you think that God is real, but stupid? Mostly stupid because he is used by some totalitarians to control other people?

I'm not quite into what you are saying here. The God I believe in has no urge to control anybody, nor is there a Priest to tell you what to do.

The concept of god is stupid.

And since he's not real, it's not him doing the controlling, it's the people insisting he's real, whether through intentional deception or through being brainwashed.

you all caught up now?

The concept of god is stupid.

And since he's not real, it's not him doing the controlling, it's the people insisting he's real, whether through intentional deception or through being brainwashed.

you all caught up now?
Thanks. I understand your assertions, but disagree with them. Although I do agree that many do use the concept as a control for others.

Why is the concept of god useful?
It really doesn't matter, what is, is. The use of a concept can be useful or it can be negative.

However, belief in God does not necessitate the concept to be used for purposes either beneficial or nefarious.

This is God's condom:

ufo.jpg

The thread began with promise, almost every thread started in psychedelic haze performs well in the forums. But it has stagnated and lost its purpose, the plot needs work and the characters have forced and unrealistic dialogue. The acting is superb though, I give this thread one thumb 1/3 of the way up.

The only one who forced me to go to church was my mother, but she forced me to go to school with the same veracity. And the State enforced that by law. *shrug*

forced dialog. It must comply with the scriptures. Or the current intrepretation of them. Or current church policy, which goes beyond the scriptures.

Try protestantism.

Speaking of current intrepretation. When I was forced to go to church as a child. Going to movies and dancing were sins. Now the church has dances and is not against going to movies. Amazing how sins change.

Same church building and all.

Why would I do that, since I'm Catholic. You appear to be backing down with your earlier vilification of all religion.

The catholics have the pedo priests that were protected by the church.
All pedo priests should immediately be sent to see their maker.
Let gawd sort em out.

Back