Good debate between prominent atheists, Anglican bishops, and Jewish rabbis

True, he probably would start complaining again that you supposedly dropped out of community college, and ranting about 'Gaugin in Tahiti"

I've never known anyone who claims to have a PhD who is so keen to prove how 'smart' he is to complete strangers who only have bachelors, masters, or high school degrees. The armchair psychologist might say there is a host of issues lurking in the background.
He's left me alone for the most part. Probably because 1) I kept telling him I'm married and straight and 2) because he likely got a 12B spanking for those posts to me.

Agreed. Those were red flags. Another was that he didn't really seem to understand the science. He was good at cut'n'pasting, but not so much putting the knowledge into his own words. Someone with a high degree of knowledge in something should be able to explain it in layman's terms. This is why, when someone makes a knowledge claim, I ask them to put it into their own words. If they can't, that's a red flag.

He's left me alone for the most part. Probably because 1) I kept telling him I'm married and straight and 2) because he likely got a 12B spanking for those posts to me.

Agreed. Those were red flags. Another was that he didn't really seem to understand the science. He was good at cut'n'pasting, but not so much putting the knowledge into his own words. Someone with a high degree of knowledge in something should be able to explain it in layman's terms. This is why, when someone makes a knowledge claim, I ask them to put it into their own words. If they can't, that's a red flag.
Perry was good at stealing photos of rare minerals from Reddit, and claiming them as his own. But it was obvious that he was consulting Google and Wikipedia to maintain the fiction he had been awarded a glorious PhD in geochem

Back