Good question Bill Maher

Toppy, you're an imbecile. you spew braindead neocon mantras of cruelty and fallback to condescension and elitism when your ass gets stomped. So stop embarrassing yourself and put your unwarranted egotism on extinguish. In other words, STFU.
Oh, come now. Is that really the best you can do?

I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.

I am not opposed to all wars. I’m opposed to dumb wars.

End of story.

The rest is nothing more than speculative bullshit.

Ha ha! I was just about to post this very speech.

Although I think you're being generous calling it speculative. I believe its straight up bullshit to say he would have voted for "resolution". He was against us going in from the beginning and he vehemently spoke out against us going and quite rightly like the rest of predicted that Iraq would turn into a failed occupation for years to come costing us $billion$.

I'd like to know how that some how even speculatively translates into: he would have likely voted for it.

Ha ha! I was just about to post this very speech.

Although I think you're being generous calling it speculative. I believe its straight up bullshit to say he would have voted for "resolution". He was against us going in from the beginning and he vehemently spoke out against us going and quite rightly like the rest of predicted that Iraq would turn into a failed occupation for years to come costing us $billion$.

I'd like to know how that some how even speculatively translates into: he would have likely voted for it.

I'll tell you why:

Because republicans who cheerled us into this disaster have a vested interest in claiming that even Democrats would have basically done the same thing as Bush. Invaded Iraq.

:rolleyes:

Of course he can't back it up because Obama wasn't in the Senate at the time, that's a given. But nor can you claim how Obama would have voted in '02. Sure Obama claims now he wouldn't have voted for the measure in 2002 but we don't know if that's true or not. So basically it is conjecture all the way around because he was not in the position at the time and forced to vote one way or the other.

It's not all conjecture Cawacko, since at the time Hillary et el were casting votes to give bush this authority, Obama was speaking out against it and saying it was a mistake.

ASShat I'd beat you down worse than your office depot boss does.
Lori, Hillary is 1,000 times smarter than your love boy Dean.
I'm voting for the next president. You want to waist your on 1,000 to one shot join the Ross Perot wanna bee's have at it.

Gayboy!

Back