Goodbye old friend.

There is a bouyant feel to swimming in saltwater that you do not get from fresh water swimming.

Well, that part of it is negligable, as the salinity is 1/20th that of the ocean. But Salt is Sodium Chloride, and there's an electronic cell that converts it into free chlorine. Then, when its done, it reconverts back to salt. Never buy chlorine again, and the water has a better feel. That, and I make a lot of money on them.

Well, that part of it is negligable, as the salinity is 1/20th that of the ocean. But Salt is Sodium Chloride, and there's an electronic cell that converts it into free chlorine. Then, when its done, it reconverts back to salt. Never buy chlorine again, and the water has a better feel. That, and I make a lot of money on them.
Ah, I was speaking of swimming in the ocean. I mix saltwater at ocean-level salinity for my saltwater fish tank.

What does that mean, and what does that have to do with Tooth #8?
It is just a more accurate way to measure the correct amount of salinity. You can also use the same way to measure alcohol in beer. Hence 3.2% by weight...

Of course you don't use the same tool to measure by weight with beer as you do with salt water, but it uses the same idea. It is measured by the known buoyancy of an object suspended in a specific amount of the water. If you have too much salt it will float too high, if you have too little it will sink too low.

It is just a more accurate way to measure the correct amount of salinity. You can also use the same way to measure alcohol in beer. Hence 3.2% by weight...

Of course you don't use the same tool to measure by weight with beer as you do with salt water, but it uses the same idea. It is measured by the known buoyancy of an object suspended in a specific amount of the water. If you have too much salt it will float too high, if you have too little it will sink too low.
Specific Gravity is, if memory serves -- and it usually does -- the ratio between the density of the sample and the density of water. Beer is dense: SG 3.2 ain't nothin'. When you run it up around 7 or 8, then you're talkin'.

Specific Gravity is, if memory serves -- and it usually does -- the ratio between the density of the sample and the density of water. Beer is dense: SG 3.2 ain't nothin'. When you run it up around 7 or 8, then you're talkin'.
Which is why, when you were allowed to buy beer at 18, it was 3.2 beer... for adults you could buy 6.0 beer.

It seems that your tds would mess this up.

Tooth #8 Update!

The new tooth has been working out fine, save for the fact that since August of '07, it has been significantly whiter than the rest of my teeth. So at Ala Moana today, I did the 1 hour teeth whitening, and I now look like Ray Charles. I'm pretty tanned.

We've shared 15,000 beers together, 47,000 cigarettes and about 125 gallons of Jack Daniels.

You came to Cuba, Philly, Atlantic City, Vegas, Denver, Seattle, Hawaii, Cancun, Canada, New Orleans, and Hell with me, always loyal, never faltering.

We had over 4,000 meals together. We explored the netherparts of half a dozen women together, a couple of hundred times.

We enjoyed Cuban Cigars and bongloads of Maui Wowie over whiskey and beers many, many times.

And now you're gone.

Rest in peace.
tooth.jpg

Tooth #8 - 1999-2007

Sileo in pacis dentis. :(

Back