Got My Second Shot Today.

Wait a minute. I just checked the receipt. It's $10.30 for 3lb of all natural ground beef. :eek:

That's about right. Agreed a few prices have gone up. Part of the problem is that people downsized their crops and livestock during the COVID crisis AKA Trump's failed response to the pandemic.

Prices will go up with supply shortages and drop when the supply increases with a little normal inflation price left over.

IMO, not a good year to make big ticket purchases. Wait until next spring or later.

Hey know what was cool before I got the second shot? I asked a pharmacist and an assistant to speak into my phone with that app on.

It was awesome. No interpreter needed.

If you want good and high quality beef, especially Angus beef, without poison in it, always go straight to the farmers themselves.

did you know that the Angus beef you buy may not actually be from an Angus steer?.......the market only needs to buy the right to call it Angus beef from the marketing board.......besides, there is no actual way to tell the difference in taste between beef from an Angus and beef from a Shorthorn......

also grass fed beef is actually going to be tougher and less tasty than corn fed beef.........it is trendy because it has less fat and is supposedly better for you.....but like most things that are "better for you" it actually doesn't taste as good......

did you know that the Angus beef you buy may not actually be from an Angus steer?.......the market only needs to buy the right to call it Angus beef from the marketing board.......besides, there is no actual way to tell the difference in taste between beef from an Angus and beef from a Shorthorn......

also grass fed beef is actually going to be tougher and less tasty than corn fed beef.........it is trendy because it has less fat and is supposedly better for you.....but like most things that are "better for you" it actually doesn't taste as good......

Well I can tell the difference. Unless they fooled me with extra "ingredients" in them. If so, then good job for them. More profit.

Can't do that in the UK, Angus beef has to come from the Angus breed. However there are several breeds in England that are possibly superior to the Angus.

There's Hereford, Charolais and Holstein as well.

Can't do that in the UK, Angus beef has to come from the Angus breed. However there are several breeds in England that are possibly superior to the Angus.

There's Hereford, Charolais and Holstein as well.

grew up on a dairy farm.....Holsteins are a dairy animal.......far inferior grade of meat to ANY beef breed.......showed a Charolais calf at the fair one year.......much leaner meat than US breeds......(hence more popular with today's consumer......not tastier by any means........

grew up on a dairy farm.....Holsteins are a dairy animal.......far inferior grade of meat to ANY beef breed.......showed a Charolais calf at the fair one year.......much leaner meat than US breeds......(hence more popular with today's consumer......not tastier by any means........

I knew there was something off about you. Does PmP really mean Pump my Penis?

e05c5b8ffa66c1aee8f6cc60ac0d43ba.gif

Well I can tell the difference. Unless they fooled me with extra "ingredients" in them. If so, then good job for them. More profit.

My philosophy will always be "I don't care if they do call it Soylent Green, if it tastes like steak, it's fine with me!"

Remember the Pink Slime debate a few years back? Meat is meat even if some has a little less texture than others. LOL

HilariousGroundedAddax-size_restricted.gif

Tip

Check the discounted meat

It’s fine

Especially if you use it that day and then freeze the remaining
Someone once asked me why I did that, including shopping clearance items or Goodwill. I said "So I can save the money to spend on stupid shit like computers and guns."

I was raised poor

I’m a cheapophile

I do cheap whenever it makes sense

I told my family that when I die do whatever you want

If you can’t decide

Make the very cheapest choice possible

And feel no guilt knowing it’s what I want

Tip

Check the discounted meat

It’s fine

Especially if you use it that day and then freeze the remaining

I learned to shop the Mexican Grocery markets for meat. Their prices are much cheaper, and they have to use the same USDA standards for meat that Kroger and Safeway uses, and meet the same local safety and cleanliness inspection standards that all other local food markets have to adhere to.

Sometimes it's the difference between paying $4.98 per pound at Fiesta Foods for rib-eyes and $14.98 a pound for the same thing at Krogers!

After my second shot, I got so exhausted I could hardly move for two days. LOL. Had to stay in bed. Basically my immune system is very healthy and worked very hard to fight.

I'm fine right now and drinking beer. ;)

My philosophy will always be "I don't care if they do call it Soylent Green, if it tastes like steak, it's fine with me!"

Remember the Pink Slime debate a few years back? Meat is meat even if some has a little less texture than others. LOL

HilariousGroundedAddax-size_restricted.gif

Do you really want to know? :thinking:

ImprobablePowerlessGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

Back