Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garage Inc.

• St. Anger

• Death Magnetic

• Total voters
i voted for the black album as that is the only one I have listened to in any depth. but i know that's the generic answer that everyone says

i voted for the black album as that is the only one I have listened to in any depth. but i know that's the generic answer that everyone says
Actually most people I know say Puppets was their best. I think Justice is, but it's also their most underrated album.

Justice and Ride the Lightening are my favorites. The Black Album is when they sold their souls to pop metal.

Death Magnetic seems forced to me. They were trying too hard to reclaim the "Heavy" in what used to be a heavy metal band...
Some of it was, mostly because Trujillo will NEVER be able to hold a candle to Cliff Burton. Also Lars is a mediocre drummer and never belonged in the band. But the rest seemed like a pretty good return to their roots.

And Justice For All. The Black Album was not completely worthless like everything that has followed, but it was definitely well below the quality of the previous albums.

Metallica and heavy metal is the most boring music its possible to make. Its yawn inducing in its lack dynamic range, and without any witty or even intersting lyrics whatsoever. It's musical cancer.

Back