Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garage Inc.

• St. Anger

• Death Magnetic

• Total voters
Again, I was going for the time frame of when the two of you were growing up... I was not attempting to be current. The Best of Metallica came before you two tards were born. It was at a time when I was growing up. Hence the attempt to compare the music I had to the music you had.

So, there was no pop music when you were growing up? I mean, the hard rock band I listened to back in the day was The Offspring, which is way more relevant than NSync to the discussion!

With rare exception, there has been no good music made after your birth. Only in the realm of metal has actual progress been made. And punk I suppose.

musical tastes are incredibly subjective so I am not going to get into a dick waving contest but I think you are way way way way off on this. Metal in the early 80's was nowhere near as mainstream as it was later on, and when it did become "mainstream" usually metal critics scoff at it.

If you are going to talk about nsync and britney spears you are going to have to talk about madonna, hair bands, and any music that had those god awful electronic drum sets.

musical tastes are incredibly subjective so I am not going to get into a dick waving contest but I think you are way way way way off on this. Metal in the early 80's was nowhere near as mainstream as it was later on, and when it did become "mainstream" usually metal critics scoff at it.

If you are going to talk about nsync and britney spears you are going to have to talk about madonna, hair bands, and any music that had those god awful electronic drum sets.
Metal nearly died when it became mainstream. Very few bands were able to keep their original edge that made them popular in the first place. With the rise and subsequent fall of grunge, the fall of metal was nearly complete. Metallica sold out. Slayer was too heavy and violent to ever be mainstream. Megadeth was selling it's soul as well (though thankfully they never went full blown shitty like Metallica). Most of the NWOBHM bands were broken up. If not for Pantera, metal may have died in the 90's.

So in short, there is a very good reason why most critics scoff at 'mainstream' metal. These days are different thought, with the rise in gothic and progressive metal.

I pretty much only listen to indie...

or stuff made before I was born.

Yeah, that old fart Topspin thinks REO Speedwagon and Peter Frampton are dope too.

Personally, to me the only saving grace of the 70s were the sex pistols, and Zep.*

* plus a massive hat tip to the Dead

Yeah, that old fart Topspin thinks REO Speedwagon and Peter Frampton are dope too.

Personally, to me the only saving grace of the 70s were the sex pistols, and Zep.*

* plus a massive hat tip to the Dead

Sabbath, Rush, Santana. Need I go on?

Back