Grind's Important Statement of the Day

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
I am going to try to make an important statement everyday in this thread. I'll probably get bored of this pretty quickly.

September 22, 2008

Political Science exists to make stupid people feel like they know something. Anyone that takes political science as a major is stupid, unless they recognize said fact.

I am going to try to make an important statement everyday in this thread. I'll probably get bored of this pretty quickly.

September 22, 2008

Political Science exists to make stupid people feel like they know something. Anyone that takes political science as a major is stupid, unless they recognize said fact.
I was the lonely history major and all of my friends in the social science wing were poli sci majors except one history guy, and he just went poli sci. I find history to be more enjoyable and less depressing.

October 2nd.

There is nothing worse than poor friends

All my friends are poor. When we go out to do stuff, it's always the cheapest type of fun possible. "Oh sorry.. I can't afford that place.. lets go to some hole in the wall instead.." Such is a common statement among poor friends.

My brother goes to business school. All his friends are rich, they invite him to their houses on the cape or other places. My friends don't have cool places to hang out.

Also, your poor friends start getting very jealous of you, talking about what a stupid yuppie you are, like it's a bad thing, as If i want to be poor like them.

Statement of the day.

October 2nd.

All my friends are poor. When we go out to do stuff, it's always the cheapest type of fun possible. "Oh sorry.. I can't afford that place.. lets go to some hole in the wall instead.." Such is a common statement among poor friends.

My brother goes to business school. All his friends are rich, they invite him to their houses on the cape or other places. My friends don't have cool places to hang out.

Also, your poor friends start getting very jealous of you, talking about what a stupid yuppie you are, like it's a bad thing, as If i want to be poor like them.

Statement of the day.
Shaddup and take your friends to the cool places.

Good post, Grind.

I feel the same way. But when I am hanging around rich friends, I wonder if they see me as a "poor friend".

October 2nd.

Statement of the day.

omg you're a dooossshhh

October 2nd.

Statement of the day.

Hence the reason my kid will get a major worth the cost of the education or im not paying. higher education is not for dreamers its to get your resume into the jet stream of money.

I always tell people to major in what they love.

Life is too damn short to be doing what you hate.

I always tell people to major in what they love.

Life is too damn short to be doing what you hate.
Rule of thumb. if it costs you more per year to go to college then you will make per year in your major dont do it.

Example - accounting degree = 50k a year out of school vs 35k per year at a business school.

History major = maybe someone can help. not sure what the avg salary is for history major or what job they get.

Rule of thumb. if it costs you more per year to go to college then you will make per year in your major dont do it.

Example - accounting degree = 50k a year out of school vs 35k per year at a business school.

History major = maybe someone can help. not sure what the avg salary is for history major or what job they get.
Well, they usually need to practice the phrase, "Do you want fries with that?" Sometimes they are standing next to a Doctorate in Philosophy who is training them...

my boyfriends parents wasted money on his sister's education. she got some useless general studies degree and has had jobs that DO NOT require a degree. That was a nice chunk of retirement savings they lost. As a matter of fact she's thinking about beign a teacher and will have to back. So not worth it.

There is more to education than a eventual paycheck.

of course there is. but the same kind intangible satisfaction that can be had with a general studies degree can be had without spending $40/yr to do it.

I'm not if I have kids.

There is more to education than a eventual paycheck.

Too many people ignore this part of the value of an education, Desh.

That is the difference between Education and Training. I think our society has forgotten the value of a well-rounded education.

Which is why reading has become such a dying art.

Too many people ignore this part of the value of an education, Desh.

That is the difference between Education and Training. I think our society has forgotten the value of a well-rounded education.

Which is why reading has become such a dying art.

No.

Reading's becoming a dying pastime b/c we have so many other distractions plain and simple. If someone took away computers, TV, and radio's reading would be on the rise. It has nothing to do with some inherent lack in education nowadays.

Back