Guide on Werewolf Roles and Game Setup

I would suggest the following. That you have a minimum number of players before you can create any additional power roles. I'd suggest that # being 9. 2 wolves (9pts) and 1 seer + 6 villagers (10 pts). Between 10 and 14 players there should be no more then 2 additional power roles (other than Seer) between 15 and 20 players no more then 4 power roles, etc, and you should always use your number system to balance the power of these roles on each side to make them near equal (+/- 1 pt).

Having said that. I LOVE the idea of the 1 shot vigilante. I probably would have shot the Seer last game had I been the 1 shot vigilante or Watermark on general principle! LOL

What I really like about the vigilante role is it helps prevent bad behavior. If you behave like a real emospaz jerk, there's a good chance the vigilante will shoot you! LOL I love it!!!

I would suggest the following. That you have a minimum number of players before you can create any additional power roles. I'd suggest that # being 9. 2 wolves (9pts) and 1 seer + 6 villagers (10 pts). Between 10 and 14 players there should be no more then 2 additional power roles (other than Seer) between 15 and 20 players no more then 4 power roles, etc, and you should always use your number system to balance the power of these roles on each side to make them near equal (+/- 1 pt).

Having said that. I LOVE the idea of the 1 shot vigilante. I probably would have shot the Seer last game had I been the 1 shot vigilante or Watermark on general principle! LOL

What I really like about the vigilante role is it helps prevent bad behavior. If you behave like a real emospaz jerk, there's a good chance the vigilante will shoot you! LOL I love it!!!

The problem for you is that being the weakest player, you are the most likely to get shot each game. But if you love the role being added, then I think we can accommodate you.

it's really a matter of preference. I actually would love to see an action packed multiple power role game. Others go for the less is more approach and thrive on the basics of pure detective work. It's whatever floats your boat. But the thing to remember is that as crazy as the game appears, as long as it's properly balanced, it's "fair" and the results would reflect that in the long run

it's really a matter of preference. I actually would love to see an action packed multiple power role game. Others go for the less is more approach and thrive on the basics of pure detective work. It's whatever floats your boat. But the thing to remember is that as crazy as the game appears, as long as it's properly balanced, it's "fair" and the results would reflect that in the long run

I think you should start up a game this afternoon where everyone has one sniper shot. A free kill they can use at any time.

My guess is it would be the quickest round of werewolf ever.

I want a game with mason seers.

How about

2 mason seers = 12 points (having two people who know they're both seers and share their picks with each other is extremely powerful, maybe it can be reduced to 10 or 11)
7 villagers = 7 points
3 wolves = 14.5 points
1 watcher wolf = 5.5 points

The mason seers would effectively dominate the game by themselves, and having one eliminated would be catastrophic, so the role of the watcher wolf would be extremely important here.

I want a game with mason seers.

How about

2 mason seers = 12 points (having two people who know they're both seers and share their picks with each other is extremely powerful, maybe it can be reduced to 10 or 11)
7 villagers = 7 points
3 wolves = 14.5 points
1 watcher wolf = 5.5 points

The mason seers would effectively dominate the game by themselves, and having one eliminated would be catastrophic, so the role of the watcher wolf would be extremely important here.

How about you stick a bar of soap up your ass and blow bubbles.
At least then, you'ld be usefull and have a purpose.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd rather have a game without special roles that give more knowledge. Recent games have hinged too much on the seer coming out and saving us. The seer really isn't supposed to be the point of werewolf.

I want to try a game balanced with a one-shot day kill vigilante instead of a seer, or any other role that operates by giving certain knowledge of others roles.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd rather have a game without special roles that give more knowledge. Recent games have hinged too much on the seer coming out and saving us. The seer really isn't supposed to be the point of werewolf.

I want to try a game balanced with a one-shot day kill vigilante instead of a seer, or any other role that operates by giving certain knowledge of others roles.
Exactly what I've been saying. Mostly.

A compact setup like:

2 wolves
6 villagers + 1 vigilante

Would be good for a turbo round. Still needs 9 people though.

Theoretically you could go

1 wolf
4 or 5 villagers

well the seer is usually pretty important, because it's not just about the seer coming out, but how it shapes a lot of game dynamics.

Without a seer, people will be less likely to give thin reads for example. In a seer game, this can be to protect a seer.

It allows for post night kill analysis, looking at who the wolves voted for, who they defended, how they behaved etc.

But yes, I agree with you, villagers have a hard time winning without the seer, but that's not always the case. Village just needs to improve their game where they dont have to rely 100% on the seer outing themselves.

There are other cool informational roles...

you could have a game with no seers, but 2 watchers. That would be interesting.

There is a role which I haven't added yet, but it allows someone to pick a wagon from the prior day, and find out how many wolves were on it.

Etc

you can also hamper a seer by assigning a random chance that it may not be able to peek someone. (so use random.org, if a 20% chance number comes up, seer can't peek for the night)

you can add outsiders

you can make the night0 peek random.

you can make it so the seer can only peek every other night.

etc

but considering how much the village has lost, the seer clearly isn't breaking the game wide open. Most seers haven't been killed by the wolves at night before outing themselves either, if you notice.

Back