Guide on Werewolf Roles and Game Setup

you could make the seer a half seer/half angel. one night they can peek, the other night they can protect.

i sort of see the seer as a pretty big cornerstone of werewolf. I do agree the seer shouldn't make or break games. But I think it fills a very neccesary hole. Wolves having to choose to seer hunt or kill good players or clear players at night, people gleaning information from a wrong seer hunt kill, the seer actually piecing together the puzzle. All very important to werewolf

That said, everygame ive been trying something different, the outsider, the angel, masons... so I am def up for changing things up here and there.

Def want to try the vigilante next.

I wouldn't mind a game with no seer but instead 2 watchers.

the good/bad thing about the seer is it's a pretty easy role to play. And it can still reward incompetence. If you are a n00b seer and you peek someone, it doesn't matter who you pick, you are still going to have a net gain. You are getting closer to solving the puzzle each night.

A vigilante on the other hand, can be just as powerful as the seer, if timed right. However, if you fuck up, and choose the wrong target, you seriously can fuck over your team. Playing the vigilante is much more skill based.

Same thing with watchers. If you are a good player, you can gain just as much, if not more information by correctly targeting the right people to watch at night. But if you choose the wrong person, you'll come away with nothing.

Back