Happy Valentine's Day!

I think that guys who bitch about Valentines Day are, despite their protestations, universally shitty at romance the other 364 days as well. It really shouldn't be viewed as a hardship or chore in the first place. If you love her, you should want to spend the day celebrating with her, anyway. It's no more fictitiously constructed than New Years, prom, formal dinner parties, and other occasions which cater to romance.

Especially when women join us in celebrating Super Bowl Sunday, St Patrick's Day, and the kickoff/conclusion to numerous sporting seasons with us.

With your last sentence you are making the assumption that women don't like sports. Sure there are some women that don't just as there are some men that don't (I find that hard to believe but it's true). Of course there are women who like sports on occasion and do tolerate their sports loving men as you referenced. But there are also women who are just as passionate, if not more, about sports then men are. (Of course the two that jump to mind are my lesbian Aunt and her partner which may not be the best example here)

With your last sentence you are making the assumption that women don't like sports. Sure there are some women that don't just as there are some men that don't (I find that hard to believe but it's true). Of course there are women who like sports on occasion and do tolerate their sports loving men as you referenced. But there are also women who are just as passionate, if not more, about sports then men are. (Of course the two that jump to mind are my lesbian Aunt and her partner which may not be the best example here)

I love football both college and pro and loooooove college basketball!

Rock Chalk!

True, but my girlfriend definitely prefers it in small doses. Also, historically, men were more inclined to enjoy things such as poetry, literature, fashion, and so forth, until modern pop culture made us shallow and uncivilized. Cuisine and beverage are about the only things we have left. As such, the potential for year-round reciprocity has been diminished. Sex, shopping, shows, and sports have become the great equalizers.

Back