Has the NFL gone soft?

Rocketman

American Worker
How many here have been watching the NFL since the 70's?

I think Roger Goodell has changed this great for the worse. After seeing the terrible call on Ed Reed this past week I have decided to get away from this sport as a spectator. How is a defensive player supposed to be able to predict where an offensivle players helmet will be 1/2 second before he hits him.

It is getting ridiculous and it is becoming a less interesting game because of it.

That is just my opinion.

How many here have been watching the NFL since the 70's?

I think Roger Goodell has changed this great for the worse. After seeing the terrible call on Ed Reed this past week I have decided to get away from this sport as a spectator. How is a defensive player supposed to be able to predict where an offensivle players helmet will be 1/2 second before he hits him.

It is getting ridiculous and it is becoming a less interesting game because of it.

That is just my opinion.

The game is going to change or fall because as is it is inherently unsafe. They are trying to take action to make it safer.

I am guessing they will soon ban youth tackle leagues in many municipalities and then possibly states. The talent pool is going to decline and they will soon start losing the best athletes to other sports.

The game is going to change or fall because as is it is inherently unsafe. They are trying to take action to make it safer.

I am guessing they will soon ban youth tackle leagues in many municipalities and then possibly states. The talent pool is going to decline and they will soon start losing the best athletes to other sports.

Then high schoolers will stop taking steroids to bulk up to an unsafe weight!

Players are not athletes, they are steroid chomping nancies.
An athlete should at least be able to run!
10 seconds of movement followed by 2 mins to get your breath back is called obese and out of shape, not athletic.

Then high schoolers will stop taking steroids to bulk up to an unsafe weight!

Players are not athletes, they are steroid chomping nancies.
An athlete should at least be able to run!
10 seconds of movement followed by 2 mins to get your breath back is called obese and out of shape, not athletic.
This fag played soccer or gymnastics

They will make mistakes, it can be made much safer. Cheap shots and spearing aren't even close to being cleaned up.
If you never played anything but video games your probably ok with a guys head getting blown up!

This fag played soccer or gymnastics
Wrong retard!
You appear to be good at being wrong!
Consistent though!
The athletes I know are all able to run more than 10 yards.

I've had former football players come to train with us thinking they could handle a real sport.
They fell down exhausted during warm ups!!
Obesity and steroid abuse do not make an athlete.

Wrong retard!
Consistent though!

I've had former football players come to train with us thinking they could handle a real sport.
What sport Gaylord, girls field hockey.
Last I checked the field is 100 yards
Fag a wr running a 4.3 40 is 1,000 time more athletic than you

They will make mistakes, it can be made much safer. Cheap shots and spearing aren't even close to being cleaned up.
If you never played anything but video games your probably ok with a guys head getting blown up!

Played in high school and was given a scholarship only to have my knew blow out in one of my last high school games. Taking this physical aspect out of football would be like taking head shots our of boxing. We are becoming a society of pussies.

Wrong retard!
Consistent though!

RG3 would make your ass look silly. So would Demarcus Ware especially after he hit you.

What sport Gaylord, girls field hockey.
Last I checked the field is 100 yards
Fag a wr running a 4.3 40 is 1,000 time more athletic than you
Still wrong!!
And every minute of play results in 3 minutes to get your breath back!!

Not forgetting the fat boys who play all wrapped up in cotton wool so the poor lambs don't get a bruise!!

Played in high school and was given a scholarship only to have my knew blow out in one of my last high school games. Taking this physical aspect out of football would be like taking head shots our of boxing. We are becoming a society of pussies.

Well, it is the former players who are causing the changes. Their filing suits against the NFL are the reason for the focus on safety.

I still enjoy the game

Well, it is the former players who are causing the changes. Their filing suits against the NFL are the reason for the focus on safety.

I still enjoy the game

I play in 4 fantasy leagues now, I am 99% sure I will reduce to one (the family one) next year but will not attend anymore games.

RG3 would make your ass look silly. So would Demarcus Ware especially after he hit you.
I'd probably tackle him, take possesion and continue to run circles round the fat boys very quickly scoring a tri!

Their Roid rage would be hilarious!!

Boxing sucks.

The people who engage in the sport make the sport. If you want good athletes you have to offer them protection. More and more parents will discourage their kids from becoming involved in sports that show no concern for the well being of the particpants. Even pro players are discouraging their kids from playing.

The macho talk is for fools that ignore science.

It's the pads and helmet that are doing most of the damage. Just like the thick padded gloves in boxing it creates a false sense of security and allows those delivering the blows to create more violent collisions. They are talking now about designing better helmets but I think that is likely to prove fruitless and may be too late to stop the damage done to the sport.

The NFL has gone soft but for good reason. Too many head and neck injuries. I played football all through Junior High and High School and in my final year took up Rugby as well. What I learned was to NEVER tackle like I did in football. In rugby I would get injured tacking players not the other way around. This is because equipment in football is used as a weapon and thus creates all these head injuries. Back in the day they wore less equipment and their helmets were softer. Players played hard, tackled hard but they didn't use their helmet to tackle with reckless abandonment like today. I say make the helmets softer, equipment smaller and play gritty like in times of old.

Let them play hockey.

Yes, because that is what pro athletes do. They just decide they want to play a professional sport and abra cadabra they become pro athletes. They don't spend much of their childhood and thousands of hours training in their sport.

What a Gaylord soccer girl!
Look at the genius, already told I don't play soccer.
Yup only a very special person thinks they score a tri in soccer!!
Fucking genius!!
But still he believes steroid chewing faggots, so obese that they can barely move, wrapped up in padding because they are afraid of getting a bruise, are tough guy athletes!

Back