Has the NFL gone soft?

How many here have been watching the NFL since the 70's?

I think Roger Goodell has changed this great for the worse. After seeing the terrible call on Ed Reed this past week I have decided to get away from this sport as a spectator. How is a defensive player supposed to be able to predict where an offensivle players helmet will be 1/2 second before he hits him.

It is getting ridiculous and it is becoming a less interesting game because of it.

That is just my opinion.
I've been watching since the 60's. I remember the dirty players, as well as the really tough clean players.

Whoever had the ingenious idea to let them play on concrete should be shot. Likewise, the sport will not last very long if all of the stars are sidelined, or prematurely retired.

It's always been common knowledge that any receiver running a route over the middle, was going to pay. It still is that way, but I agree with the 'defenseless player' rule. I think you take issue with the wide latitude given to the refs. I saw a few hits that were flagged, but shouldn't have been.

Of course, we watch the replay, and the refs see it in real time.

As has been mentioned already, the retired veterans are all the scientific evidence you need in order to realize that changes MUST be made. Football should be about skill, and not about maiming the opposition.

I've been watching since the 60's. I remember the dirty players, as well as the really tough clean players.

Whoever had the ingenious idea to let them play on concrete should be shot. Likewise, the sport will not last very long if all of the stars are sidelined, or prematurely retired.

It's always been common knowledge that any receiver running a route over the middle, was going to pay. It still is that way, but I agree with the 'defenseless player' rule. I think you take issue with the wide latitude given to the refs. I saw a few hits that were flagged, but shouldn't have been.

Of course, we watch the replay, and the refs see it in real time.

As has been mentioned already, the retired veterans are all the scientific evidence you need in order to realize that changes MUST be made. Football should be about skill, and not about maiming the opposition.

Physical play is part of the skill set, it you want to take that out, put flags on them.

So your claim is that play isn't physical anymore? Sorry...you just lost me.

It is not the same sport without a doubt. We have the Brady rule, we have this bullshit helmet to helmet rule now that the offensive player can manipulate. It is a wonder we even have defense on the field, it is fucking ridiculous.

It is not the same sport without a doubt. We have the Brady rule, we have this bullshit helmet to helmet rule now that the offensive player can manipulate. It is a wonder we even have defense on the field, it is fucking ridiculous.
So are you a Ravens fan, or were you just using Reed as an example?

So are you a Ravens fan, or were you just using Reed as an example?

Not a ravens fan at all, Reed was just an example, the helmet hit on Bennett would be another one, there was one against Celek last night that he caused. The sport is turning into wrestling.

Some calls are ridiculous. They have to fine tune the helmet/helmet, as well as 'defenseless' player calls. But I think the game will be better for toning the hits down. NFL already has issues regarding retired players, and the quality of life.

I've been kinda watching how the Colts are doing with Luck, and how Denver has been doing with Manning. If Luck wasn't stepping up, the Manning deal would've looked stupid.

Seems like it worked out well for all parties.

Some calls are ridiculous. They have to fine tune the helmet/helmet, as well as 'defenseless' player calls. But I think the game will be better for toning the hits down. NFL already has issues regarding retired players, and the quality of life.

I've been kinda watching how the Colts are doing with Luck, and how Denver has been doing with Manning. If Luck wasn't stepping up, the Manning deal would've looked stupid.

Seems like it worked out well for all parties.

It will be lots better for the players, outragous money for less physical play. I would like to see the salaries reduced if they prove less risk.

It will be lots better for the players, outragous money for less physical play. I would like to see the salaries reduced if they prove less risk.
If you want MMA, then watch the UFC

Salaries are set by the market. The Super Bowl is the number 1 event in the country. Reducing the quality of the sport by injuring the finesse players, leaves you with a league full of brainless hitmen with nobody to hit anymore.

During the steroid era, the game turned into a free for all.

It's time to bring it back to the game it should be.

If you want MMA, then watch the UFC

Salaries are set by the market. The Super Bowl is the number 1 event in the country. Reducing the quality of the sport by injuring the finesse players, leaves you with a league full of brainless hitmen with nobody to hit anymore.

During the steroid era, the game turned into a free for all.

It's time to bring it back to the game it should be.

I think it is already dropping off, tickets are easier to get and they are at a lower price.

Take NASCAR- not I'm not a fan, used to, their stands were full, they messed with the original product and now even Bristol has empty seats.

Back