Have an interview tomorrow...

Steelplate

I suck at interviews. It's for a job that I've been wanting for some time, but there aren't many opportunities for that position.

It's the same pay grade, and actually....because this position is on a 37.5hr workweek....I'll lose 5 hours of pay every two weeks. But, I will gain a normal work schedule M-F 8-4 with all weekends and holidays off.

I'll get to play out more often, I'll have more weekends off with my wife, and I'll get off graveyard shift.

Whoo ooooooo!!! Good luck with the interview! I know about sucking at interviews - I always feel like saying "look, hire me; you don't like me in three months, fire me"

But I know you'll do great tomorrow!

Do you think that if I took one of my Ativan it would get rid of the anxiety without fucking me up? I have 1mg tabs that I usually take with a beer when I get home in the morning so I can go to sleep with the birds chirping and the sun shining.

Good luck, man. Remember it's your time to talk yourself up. If you don't know how good you are, then ask your wife.

Listen to the questions, taking a deep breath before answering. What are they really 'asking.'

Only a few short months ago, my son suddenly found himself in running for a position several levels above where he was. First interview, he went in with all the tech things he thought were required. He'd spent two weeks boning up his skills. They asked A, he answered X. Luckily one of his immediate bosses was sitting in the interview.

Afterwards he came out and asked son, "WTF was that? They are asking you personal ideas of management and you are responding with details on programs? Shit!"

That guy got him the 2nd interview. Which got him the job.

Listen to the questions.

Before I go to bed, maybe I'll try to dig up my last evaluation....I got a boatload of commendables on it... I'm sure the HR Dept has a copy, but I suppose it couldn't hurt.

Do you think that if I took one of my Ativan it would get rid of the anxiety without fucking me up? I have 1mg tabs that I usually take with a beer when I get home in the morning so I can go to sleep with the birds chirping and the sun shining.
If you sleep well on Ambien -take it do not drink the beer. alcohol can actually keep you up, even though it is central nervose system depressent.

take the Ambien, early, drink some chamomile tea, and go to sleep -get off the computer - keeps you awake. Read a book, makes you sleepy. No TV.
( or limited TV time)

But don't over think it - it causes anxiety. Go in refreshed /relaxed/confident. A good night's sleep ( or whatever your schedule)

Make eye contact/ don't figit/ LISTEN to the interviewer's question, and think carefully before you answer.

Take your time in the interview -don't rush through- this is your opportunity to shine.

Take the ambien and go to sleep as soon as you can. Good. you can do this!! We'll be in your corner

Good luck, man. Remember it's your time to talk yourself up. If you don't know how good you are, then ask your wife.

Don't know if I should do that....lol she doesn't particularly want me to.leave third shift, since she's a third shift RN.

Before I go to bed, maybe I'll try to dig up my last evaluation....I got a boatload of commendables on it... I'm sure the HR Dept has a copy, but I suppose it couldn't hurt.

Anything that makes you positive is good. Bring what you bring to the table. Listen to what they are looking for, use what you know to bring that in your answer.

depends on how you react oi them.
do not drink the beer. alcohol can actually keep you up, even though it is central nervose system deprfessent.

take the Ambien, early, drink some chamomile tea, and go to sleep -get off the computer - keeps you awake. Read a book, makes you sleepy. No TV.

But don't over think it - it causes anxiety. Go in refreshed /relaxed/confident. A good night's sleep ( or whatever your schedule)

Make eye contact/ don't figit/ LISTEN to the interviewer's question, and think carefully before you answer.

Take your time in the interview -don't rush through- this is your opportunity to shine.

Take the ambien and go to sleep as soon as you can. Good. you can do this!! We'll be in your corner

I only take the Ativan/beer combo when I come home from work. I certainly wouldn't drink a beer for an interview. Maybe if I cut one in half for the interview, just to keep the heebie jeebies away.

I tend to talk fast when I am nervous and the panel is hand writing everything down when you're answering their questions. I have to slow myself down...I know that.

I am actually off tonight, so I figure if I go to bed at 11 and get up at 7....my interview is at 9, so that's plenty of time to get a shower and drive to work(1/2 hour away).

I only take the Ativan/beer combo when I come home from work. I certainly wouldn't drink a beer for an interview. Maybe if I cut one in half for the interview, just to keep the heebie jeebies away.

I tend to talk fast when I am nervous and the panel is hand writing everything down when you're answering their questions. I have to slow myself down...I know that.

I am actually off tonight, so I figure if I go to bed at 11 and get up at 7....my interview is at 9, so that's plenty of time to get a shower and drive to work(1/2 hour away).
you need to get off the computer, it is a stress factor..beleive me.I've been online messageboards since they started.
They keep you looking, and your mind thinking -

Finish up, take the Ambien now - or ASAP - make sure you take enough, or it won't have any effect - i can't tell you how much.

Go clean up -a shower/bath, get clean, and comfy, drink non caffeinated tea ( no black or green -herbals if you have it).
If not -drink whatever you like.

Thing is start to unwind your mind even before you take the drug. You'll enter a more relaxed state naturally, as the alpha waves slow down.

Then just take your time -but make everything about getting to bedtime -I like to shower, and put on clean bed cloathes.
If your wife is there tell her, if not leave a note.

then watch abit of tv / as SOON as you feel drowsy -turn it off. you cannot sleep with a tv on or a light on.

Sweet Dreams

you need to get off the computer, it is a stress factor..beleive me.I've been online messageboards since they started.
They keep you looking, and your mind thinking -

Finish up, take the Ambien now - or ASAP - make sure you take enough, or it won't have any effect - i can't tell you how much.

Go clean up -a shower/bath, get clean, and comfy, drink non caffeinated tea ( no black or green -herbals if you have it).
If not -drink whatever you like.

Thing is start to unwind your mind even before you take the drug. You'll enter a more relaxed state naturally, as the alpha waves slow down.

Then just take your time -but make everything about getting to bedtime -I like to shower, and put on clean bed cloathes.
If your wife is there tell her, if not leave a note.

then watch abit of tv / as SOON as you feel drowsy -turn it off. you cannot sleep with a tv on or a light on.

Sweet Dreams

I don't have ambien....I have ativan. Ambient is a sleeping pill....ativan is an anti-anxiety.medication.

Regardless of drugs, you shouldn't take before an interview, go to bed. Get some sleep.

Take two lorazepam. I hope you don't get the job

Why the hatred? Just because I don't follow the Koch Brothers daily recommended allowance of bigotry, idiocy and ignorance is no reason to be hateful.

BTW....I don't really give a rat's ass what you hope for. If I'm living inside your head that deeply that you give a shit one way or another about me in real life? Well....that just makes me smile.

Why the hatred? Just because I don't follow the Koch Brothers daily recommended allowance of bigotry, idiocy and ignorance is no reason to be hateful.

BTW....I don't really give a rat's ass what you hope for. If I'm living inside your head that deeply that you give a shit one way or another about me in real life? Well....that just makes me smile.

Dude I don't really give two shits. You came here trolling for well wishes. I guess you have emptiness in your life. This is like you trolling for sympathy after that guy died. You are kind of pathetic and in desperate need of attention and validation.

But no I really hope you don't get it

JINX

GOOOBEDY GOOBEDY

Back