Heat Strokes

Cancel7

Banned
My air-conditioning is out, in my entire office building. I know people are going to rush in to say “Ah ha! You believe in global warming and you use electricity! Gotcha!” But whatever.

It’s so awful because it is sooo hot and muggy out today. And my own personal office, is in the middle of the very large office that my company rents. I have no windows. It’s like I’m in a hot coffin.

The only silver lining is I have been able to pass some of my misery along to my republican boss, even getting him to put together a fan I went to Duane Reade to buy. He was sweating while doing it. P lus, I’ve been bitching and moaning to him. Air-conditioning is a appliance – that’s man stuff. Also, the building owner is a cheap bastard and won’t call the repair people. Threatening building owners – also man stuff. So I have been able to make his life a bit more hellish than the heat already had. Remember –he voted for bush. He deserves purgatory. What did I do to deserve this?

yeah I have noticed the Nat gas pumping station is making more noise lately pumping more nat gas to the NE for electrical generation.

How about next week Darla, when the phone company goes on strike ?

yeah I have noticed the Nat gas pumping station is making more noise lately pumping more nat gas to the NE for electrical generation.

How about next week Darla, when the phone company goes on strike ?

Oh, Verizon? I don’t care, I fully support unions in their strikes.
Also, I don’t have Verizon – I use cable for my phone and modem.

You know, I was also thinking about posting about several things we should have done before we gave women the vote, along with the humorous anecdote "But what did we do? We just rolled over and said "OK honey. Whatever you want."

But that was several years ago.

Our office would send us home if the ac was out more than an hour.
FYI, 90% of the people in France live without AC in their homes.
Wasn't someone telling how great European economies were.

Our office would send us home if the ac was out more than an hour.
FYI, 90% of the people in France live without AC in their homes.
Wasn't someone telling how great European economies were.

We’re a non-profit, and the particular work we do, we can’t close down. Some of the staff have left, and they are free to do so, though they will not be paid. I really can’t because I am filling in for my boss while she is on leave.

You know, I was also thinking about posting about several things we should have done before we gave women the vote, along with the humorous anecdote "But what did we do? We just rolled over and said "OK honey. Whatever you want."

But that was several years ago.

:p

My air-conditioning is out, in my entire office building. I know people are going to rush in to say “Ah ha! You believe in global warming and you use electricity! Gotcha!” But whatever.

It’s so awful because it is sooo hot and muggy out today. And my own personal office, is in the middle of the very large office that my company rents. I have no windows. It’s like I’m in a hot coffin.

The only silver lining is I have been able to pass some of my misery along to my republican boss, even getting him to put together a fan I went to Duane Reade to buy. He was sweating while doing it. P lus, I’ve been bitching and moaning to him. Air-conditioning is a appliance – that’s man stuff. Also, the building owner is a cheap bastard and won’t call the repair people. Threatening building owners – also man stuff. So I have been able to make his life a bit more hellish than the heat already had. Remember –he voted for bush. He deserves purgatory. What did I do to deserve this?

Yikes.

I think they send people home when the offices don't have AC. If I'm not mistaken that happened last summer to one of the offices. Well, it was either AC or power.

That sucks big time. You should have him buy ice cream for everyone too.

Yikes.

I think they send people home when the offices don't have AC. If I'm not mistaken that happened last summer to one of the offices. Well, it was either AC or power.

That sucks big time. You should have him buy ice cream for everyone too.

Well, there is a rita’s ices downstairs. That’s an excellent idea Tiana.

Oh, have him pay for it and you can deliver it to everyone.

That will make you very popular.

Back