Heat Strokes

I plan to encourage Communist parties across the world and promote international proletarian revolution, thus implementing World Order Under My Banner!!!

My air-conditioning is out, in my entire office building. I know people are going to rush in to say “Ah ha! You believe in global warming and you use electricity! Gotcha!” But whatever.

It’s so awful because it is sooo hot and muggy out today. And my own personal office, is in the middle of the very large office that my company rents. I have no windows. It’s like I’m in a hot coffin.

The only silver lining is I have been able to pass some of my misery along to my republican boss, even getting him to put together a fan I went to Duane Reade to buy. He was sweating while doing it. P lus, I’ve been bitching and moaning to him. Air-conditioning is a appliance – that’s man stuff. Also, the building owner is a cheap bastard and won’t call the repair people. Threatening building owners – also man stuff. So I have been able to make his life a bit more hellish than the heat already had. Remember –he voted for bush. He deserves purgatory. What did I do to deserve this?

Sucks to be you east coasters!

I can deal with a few earthquakes, if I get to live in a climate where 70 degrees and low humidity is the standard summer day.

Enjoy the sweatbox!

My air-conditioning is out, in my entire office building. I know people are going to rush in to say “Ah ha! You believe in global warming and you use electricity! Gotcha!” But whatever.

It’s so awful because it is sooo hot and muggy out today. And my own personal office, is in the middle of the very large office that my company rents. I have no windows. It’s like I’m in a hot coffin.

The only silver lining is I have been able to pass some of my misery along to my republican boss, even getting him to put together a fan I went to Duane Reade to buy. He was sweating while doing it. P lus, I’ve been bitching and moaning to him. Air-conditioning is a appliance – that’s man stuff. Also, the building owner is a cheap bastard and won’t call the repair people. Threatening building owners – also man stuff. So I have been able to make his life a bit more hellish than the heat already had. Remember –he voted for bush. He deserves purgatory. What did I do to deserve this?

I almost feel bad, sitting in my office... nice and cool. Though the bike rides home lately have been a tad toasty. But then again, we really don't have to deal with humidity. So bottom line... sucks to be you.

I can deal with a few earthquakes, if I get to live in a climate where 70 degrees and low humidity is the standard summer day.

Enjoy the sweatbox!

You know, I usually like you, but sometimes you make me want to slap you silly! :p (j/k)

I almost feel bad, sitting in my office... nice and cool. Though the bike rides home lately have been a tad toasty. But then again, we really don't have to deal with humidity. So bottom line... sucks to be you.

Ditto my previous post.

Enjoy the sweatbox!

screw that.

I'll take a little heat a couple months out of the year anyday.

actually, our offices are normally way too cold for me.

I actually had the heater on in the central jersey office yesterday.

Our office would send us home if the ac was out more than an hour.
FYI, 90% of the people in France live without AC in their homes.
Wasn't someone telling how great European economies were.

The savages.

I don't know anyone with air conditioning in their house either. We tend to just open or, more often than not, close the windows until the temperature has reached a desirable level.

AC is a human right here. Last summer we cracked the record for the hottest capital city in Australia ever - 15 days continually over 35c. Doesn't sound like much until you have to live in it.

Mind you if we designed and built houses to deal with the climate it would be a different matter but we're too effing stupid to do that.

The savages.

I don't know anyone with air conditioning in their house either. We tend to just open or, more often than not, close the windows until the temperature has reached a desirable level.

that's because ya'll are poor

that's because ya'll are poor

I know. How i weep into my store-branded cornflakes of a morning as i contemplate having to endure Britain's temperate climate, sweltering under a 14 degree summer heat-wave.

It am a living hell, i tells you.

But at least you're sorting out the Seffricans! Long as it doesn't rain of course.

Our max was 14c today (winter) we are all moaning about the cold.

Yes, we are wussies.

The air-conditioning is on today, so hooray.

Charver do you not have airconditioning because it doesn't get that hot there? I really want to go to London.

Back