Help

Marijuana is not a bad drug. And let's not get into the whole alcohol vs Marijuana.

A good and close friend of mine just called me in the middle of the night, last night, telling me he is on meth.

Short story : I told him to never ever do coke or meth. I did a wee bit of meth in HS and it nearly fucked my life. Evil drug. Pure evil.

Back to the present.... He is calling me, high af, driving around Hawaii and all I can say to him is, pull the fuck over and take a long walk. He won't even listen to me because he is ground on the evil.

WTF am I supposed to do?

Get started writing his eulogy now so you'll be ready in case you're the one who gets asked to give it at the funeral.

So, anything I say to him won't make a difference? I'm in CA and I guess I could buy a plane ticket to Hawaii, other than that..... Phone call is my only option.

It might make a difference, the very fact that he's calling you might be a cry for help. Encourage him to seek help, and keep pointing out the negatives of meth abuse. Tell him you love him, and please don't do this to you. And pray hard.

Do you know people where he lives who could do an intervention?

I don't want to turn him in. He already did time for some other nonsense, however, I don't know what to tell him. He is not my biological brother, well, I we have the same father, but didn't grow up together. I don't know what to tell him.

And he begged me to not tell dad.

Maybe I should forward your advice to him....

I know you said you didn't want him to be arrested; but think of the possible consequences, of him driving and killing someone or himself.

I know that's a drastic situation; but it's not impossible.

It's a hard decision and I hope you the best.

It might make a difference, the very fact that he's calling you might be a cry for help. Encourage him to seek help, and keep pointing out the negatives of meth abuse. Tell him you love him, and please don't do this to you. And pray hard.

Good point.

The problem is that people who have a problem like this generally won't stop, until the rewards for stopping outweigh the rewards they feel they're getting by using.

A lot of Heroin users have said that the big problem is that they're chasing the feeling they got, when they first used.

So, anything I say to him won't make a difference? I'm in CA and I guess I could buy a plane ticket to Hawaii, other than that..... Phone call is my only option.

Here's an idea.... take the most recent photograph of him that you've got.

Tape it to the wall.

Then try to reason with it.

Encourage it to seek help, and keep pointing out the negatives of meth abuse.

Tell it you love it, and please don't do this to you.

You'll accomplish the same thing without all the frustration, wasted time and long distance phone charges.

Good point.

The problem is that people who have a problem like this generally won't stop, until the rewards for stopping outweigh the rewards they feel they're getting by using.

A lot of Heroin users have said that the big problem is that they're chasing the feeling they got, when they first used.

Yup, absolutely true. It's a messed up situation. I pray for the best possible outcome. I hope Yurt can take solace in the fact that people do beat addiction all the time.

No it's not, you stupid fuck. People beat addiction all the time. Sick leftist loons revel in human suffering. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

We revel in the suffering of right-wing assholes, but they aren't human so your point is moot.

Back