Historical military Leaders you admire!

Ah, yes: I should have the European operations. And Eisenhower's brilliance with D-Day did win the war for US. The Russians won Stalingrad, through shere numbers and were allowed by Eisenhower to take Berlin.
I'm sorry but that's a pimp off and it's not historically accurate. In terms of men and materials the Soviet Union was the single largest contributor towards defeating the Nazis in WWII. Though there's no questioning that the Soviets got off to a poor response when Germany invaded and even though they did outnumber the Germans to suggest that the Soviets won by preponderance of numbers alone is just plain silly. Recognizing their accomplishments does nothing to diminish our accomplishments during the WWII. Clearly the USA and The Soviet Union were the winners of WWII. The point being that the Soviets paid a far higher price for their win than what we did for ours.

Max Hastings, for starters.

I know that Russia proved to be much more than Hitler thought they would: he split his forces just before Stalingrad and I think that's why he lost. I've never heard or read that Stalin broke Hitler though.

What about Vlad The Impaler? Anybody kow this guys story besides impaling his enemies? I know he has that Bram Stokers Dracula story behind him but anyone have any inside history?

What about Vlad The Impaler? Anybody kow this guys story besides impaling his enemies? I know he has that Bram Stokers Dracula story behind him but anyone have any inside history?

He was a loyal and faithful Catholic, when the Pope called he answered.

I know that Russia proved to be much more than Hitler thought they would: he split his forces just before Stalingrad and I think that's why he lost. I've never heard or read that Stalin broke Hitler though.

Even before Stalingrad. The 41 winter offensive pushed then from the gates of Moscow and made significant gains in territory, which they held throughout the Germans 42 summer offensive.

I'm sorry but that's a pimp off and it's not historically accurate. In terms of men and materials the Soviet Union was the single largest contributor towards defeating the Nazis in WWII. Though there's no questioning that the Soviets got off to a poor response when Germany invaded and even though they did outnumber the Germans to suggest that the Soviets won by preponderance of numbers alone is just plain silly. Recognizing their accomplishments does nothing to diminish our accomplishments during the WWII. Clearly the USA and The Soviet Union were the winners of WWII. The point being that the Soviets paid a far higher price for their win than what we did for ours.

Germany had 140 divisions on the Eastern Front and 40 on the Western Front, what does that tell you about who they feared more?

Back