Holy Crap! Baer.... bastage!

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NEW/is_2001_Jan_23/ai_69435998

The Tempe, Ariz-based Politics.com [OTCBB:POCO] expected the auction for the URL to end on Friday, Oct. 27. Several people involved in the auction at the time told Washtech.com that they believed the domain would sell for between $1 million and $2 million. By late afternoon that day, more than 30 bids had been received that were well over the $500,000 minimum requirement - and "many" of those bids were over the $1 million mark, Politics.com Chairman Howard Baer said in an interview at the time.

More at link...

Holy shit Damo, I didn't know that board you guys came from was that big, and i never had any idea that any message board was worth that kind of money. That is amazing. Maybe someday that will be you, I hope so.

Holy shit Damo, I didn't know that board you guys came from was that big, and i never had any idea that any message board was worth that kind of money. That is amazing. Maybe someday that will be you, I hope so.
Only if I do something good with it. His was that generic name thing...

And they still haven't done anything at all with it.

I think its the domain name that is worth money.

As for the board itself, it was just us hacks on it. Nothing particularly special.

Except for me. ;)

I think its the domain name that is worth money.

As for the board itself, it was just us hacks on it. Nothing particularly special.

Except for me. ;)

:moped: <<<<<<<<<<<<< cippie rides off into never/ never land..head held high praising himself...as he cleans the 'Great Dane'poop from his clinics floor...:cof1:

Ohhh, it's because of the name, not because he had built the board up to some gigantic, high advertising dollars, thing. I see. Between 1 and 2 mil for the name politics.com huh? That's something.

Just you for crying about 'spilled milk' when ya hit a Lt and did the time...get over your VN experience already...you screwed up and can't get over it...!:o

Holy shit

And you wonder why people say you are drunk when you're posting sometimes.

this has nothing to do with this thread. It's completely out of the blue. It's word salad. If you aren't drunk, I'd be worried if I were you!

Not really darla.............

Holy shit

And you wonder why people say you are drunk when you're posting sometimes.

this has nothing to do with this thread. It's completely out of the blue. It's word salad. If you aren't drunk, I'd be worried if I were you!

But hey if ya prefer a coward who cries about screwing up ...so be it...usc is BS from the word go! Carry on Ms.Code Pink...it's all good...depending on what side of the fence ya are coming from!:pke:

My bad..............

I thought usc was talking about this board...my aplogies to usc...forgive me...just going for the shock value ..my bad..darla ya were right except I am not drunk..just defending damos site...got carried away...spank me!

Last edited:
I thought usc was talking about this baord...my aplogies to usc...forgive me...just going for the shock ..my bad..darla ya were right except I am not drunk..just defending damos site...got carried away...spank me!
lol. That makes more sense then....

The thread is about a long-defunct board that the url was sold from....

Geez.... $1M? And he would have sold it to me for 10K!

I thought usc was talking about this baord...my aplogies to usc...forgive me...just going for the shock ..my bad..darla ya were right except I am not drunk..just defending damos site...got carried away...spank me!

No thanks!

But it's good that you've realized it.

Back