homemade egg nog

Norah

Colossians 3:23
We made it last night and I just had my first glass of it this morning. It's a shame that something that tastes so good has to be so bad for you.

No. It does not taste good. Just no. I think I threw up in my mouth a little...

I guess its an acquired taste. We used fresh eggs and fresh milk too. I grew up liking it though so to me it tastes good and it always makes me happy since I love Christmas time.

I guess its an acquired taste. We used fresh eggs and fresh milk too. I grew up liking it though so to me it tastes good and it always makes me happy since I love Christmas time.

Hot chocolate with peppermint.

I won't drink homemade eggnog because I'm worried about salmonella. Not crazy about the taste either.

My mother tried to give that to me every year until I finally just flat said, "no!"

I just don't like it at all. But hey, some people like fruit cake and sweet pickles. They're wrong but I don't judge. It isn't my mouth that has to suffer.

theres no alcohol in it
He's confusing egg nog with a cocktail that used to be ubiquitous in the Midwest for Christmas and New Years celebration for around 150 years called a "Tom and Jerry". To make one you add about 1/4 cup egg nog to a mug, a shot of brandy or rum or whisky, top off with hot milk and sprinkle a little nutmeg on top.

When I was young a punch bowl of Tom and Jerry mix was very common during Chrstmas or New Years Eve parties....it's a tradition that has faded over the last 30 years.

My mother tried to give that to me every year until I finally just flat said, "no!"

I just don't like it at all. But hey, some people like fruit cake and sweet pickles. They're wrong but I don't judge. It isn't my mouth that has to suffer.

yea but you like kale.

oh I looove sweet pickles! Ill eat like a whole jar of those little gerkins

I like all of the above ... probably why I'm always overweight. ;)

Back