scotus4.jpg

Doors:
scdoor2.jpg

The Architecture of the SCOTUS:

East pediment:
scotus4.jpg

Doors:
scdoor2.jpg

Yes, there are biblical characters on the friezes of the SCOTUS.

But if you think that proves anything, you are being dishonest.

What else is shown, with the same emphasis as the biblical characters???

In the same way that those you showed are displayed, they also display figures of other law givers. Such as Menes, Hammurabi, Lycurgus, Solon, Draco, Confucius, and Augustus. And on the opposite wall, you will see Justinian, Muhammad, John Marshall and Napoleon.

So your claim only has merit if you cherry-pick your facts and ignore those that do not support your claim.

this gay issue is just one of the idiot ideas of the right.

You are now distroying fany hope your party has of gettting the youth vote along with anyone who is gay and has a gay relative that they love.

omne more nail in the R coffin.

You are now distroying fany hope your party has of gettting the youth vote along with anyone who is gay and has a gay relative that they love.

Most youth are not attracted by the assininity of gay zealotry.

Those laws are based on the Bible, and that's not establishment of a religion, but recognition of the authority of a higher power that gave us self-evident rights to begin with.
If they were solely based on the Bible that would most certainly be establishing your religion as the basis of law, it would be theocracy first and a violation of the first amendment overall.

Recognizing a generic Creator who gave us rights is not the same thing as basing laws on your religious dogma.

The youth of the US is overwhelmingly pro gay rights.

Everyone knows someone who is gay and knows they are as normal as anyone.

you are killing any chance of any real power for your party.

Thanks

Yes, there are biblical characters on the friezes of the SCOTUS.

But if you think that proves anything, you are being dishonest.

What else is shown, with the same emphasis as the biblical characters???

In the same way that those you showed are displayed, they also display figures of other law givers. Such as Menes, Hammurabi, Lycurgus, Solon, Draco, Confucius, and Augustus. And on the opposite wall, you will see Justinian, Muhammad, John Marshall and Napoleon.

So your claim only has merit if you cherry-pick your facts and ignore those that do not support your claim.

Moses with tablets is in the exact center of the frieze, which due to its shape is also the largest, so I'd say he is emphasized the most. Also, since the image of the tablets are repeated on the front doors...

Just one more group they are happy to piss off. Me, I'm pleased. I hope they try to roll with just fat old white dudes.

Now that the country knows obama is not a scarey muslim terrorist that too will backfire on them.
I'll be laughing at them for 8yrs.

If they were solely based on the Bible that would most certainly be establishing your religion as the basis of law, it would be theocracy first and a violation of the first amendment overall.

Recognizing a generic Creator who gave us rights is not the same thing as basing laws on your religious dogma.
The First Amendment merely prohibits respecting an establishment of religion; it does not prevent laws from being based on a well established religious work.

republicans will soon be just Homophobes, NRA nuts, and the evangelical bible thumping idiots that follow rush.

Back