Housing Blues.....Need Advice

Well, at least I haven't handed any money over yet. That is in the back of our minds though. That would royally suck if they did. although, I was looking at sold prices and we are being very fair with our offer.

Let us know what happens. I really hope you get good news on it soon.

I sure hope so. We're still waiting to here from the other people's attorney. So there's a chance that the entire deal may be completely squashed anyway.

Why? Are you one of those bad credit idiots with no down payment (who will hit foreclosure in a couple years and blame it on the lender)?

Why? Are you one of those bad credit idiots with no down payment (who will hit foreclosure in a couple years and blame it on the lender)?

No. Why? Are you one of those bad parents who will end up with a crack w hore as a daughter?

No. Why? Are you one of those bad parents who will end up with a crack w hore as a daughter?
Good, then you should have no problem getting a mortgage. Why would the deal fall through?

Never bought a house Trog ? there are many reasons. Leins against the property, title problems, failed inspection, termites, etc...
Oh, I understand all these problems and their solutions, but maybe I read wrong in that LadyT was having trouble getting the financing....?

Where do you think you read that?
It was a general impression I got, sorry if it's wrong. I do hope you get the house (nay - HOME) you want with no problems.

Is it hanging up on the appraisal or something? What are you concerned about casuing a crash?

It was a general impression I got, sorry if it's wrong. I do hope you get the house (nay - HOME) you want with no problems.

Is it hanging up on the appraisal or something? What are you concerned about casuing a crash?

No. We haven't gotten out of attorney review yet. The owners or their agent seem pretty sneaky and greedy. They tried to get us to do an as-is when we are buying a house at market-value (I think we're paying a premium on it but it depends on whose doing the valuation), they are excluding the fridge when they clearly have no use for it (we suspect they are doing it as a bargaining chip), and its taking them a long time to get back to us so maybe they found other buyers who are willing to pay more for it.

No. We haven't gotten out of attorney review yet. The owners or their agent seem pretty sneaky and greedy. They tried to get us to do an as-is when we are buying a house at market-value (I think we're paying a premium on it but it depends on whose doing the valuation), they are excluding the fridge when they clearly have no use for it (we suspect they are doing it as a bargaining chip), and its taking them a long time to get back to us so maybe they found other buyers who are willing to pay more for it.
'As-is' just means they aren't going to fix anything before you buy. For some reason people think it means that you don't get to have an engineer's report on the condition of the property. Your lender would normally require this anyway, and even if they didn't, you should require one. An engineer's report is a great out / bargaining tool. Use it to cream them on the price, pick at every little thing. If they won't fix it, then they need to reduce the price to compensate.

Did you put a deadline on the offer?

Last edited:
Updates:

I knew the agent was a sheisty (sp?) SOB. He's still showing the house and not mentioning that its in attorney review. I called up and acted like I was a perspective buyer and he said the house was available and that it was free to be shown. He answered my phone call buy when my agent called him up he didn't bother picking up the phone. After this is all over I'm going to report him to a bureau.

Updates:

I knew the agent was a sheisty (sp?) SOB. He's still showing the house and not mentioning that its in attorney review. I called up and acted like I was a perspective buyer and he said the house was available and that it was free to be shown. He answered my phone call buy when my agent called him up he didn't bother picking up the phone. After this is all over I'm going to report him to a bureau.

What do you mean by Attorney review? When you offer using a RE brokers standard offer form for your state, why does an attorney need to look at it prior to an offer acceptance? That's the purpose of using those forms.

This broker is playing games. IMMEDIATELY fax him a written notice that you (pick one or the other) 1. Need an accprtance or counteroffer by close of business tomorrow, or (2) you could rescind the offer entirely. You can rescind any offer up until the time it is accepted in writing.

Last edited:
What do you mean by Attorney review? Why does an attorney need to look at it prior to an offer acceptance?
They must have much stricter laws out there. Here it is just placed "under contract" and both parties have agents to protect their interest.

Attorney's are optional & highly recommended. They facilitate the searches file all the required legal documents and look out for your best interests.

They must have much stricter laws out there. Here it is just placed "under contract" and both parties have agents to protect their interest.
Personally, I'd do an immediate rescission of the offer, and then enter a new offer at $10,000(?) less than this offer and leave it open (no deadline).

Offers must be given a deadline, unless you are offering a severe discount- The usual is 48 hours or at close of business two days out. No deadline means the guy can keep shopping the property to see if he can get a better offer while having this in the pocket.

Attorney's are optional & highly recommended. They facilitate the searches file all the required legal documents and look out for your best interests.
I'm trying to understand why there is attorney involvement prior to the offer acceptance. I think this is the brokers little scheme to make it seem like there's action, while he continuees to show the property. I doubt there's a lawyer doing anything on this right now. You could get the name of the lawyer from the broker's admin person.

The title search and closing paperwork are not needed until the offer is accepted. Accpetance does not need an attorney to review.

You're being gamed.

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand why there is attorney involvement prior to the offer acceptance. I think this is the brokers little scheme to make it seem like there's action, while he continuees to show the property. I doubt there's a lawyer doing anything on this right now. You could get the name of the lawyer from the broker's admin person.

The title search and closing paperwork are not needed until the offer is accepted. Accpetance does not need an attorney to review.

You're being gamed.

No $hitsherlock. Didn't I just say "I knew the agent was a sheisty (sp?) SOB.He's still showing the house and not mentioning that its in attorney review."?

Back