How about them apples?

There is that too....eating the nutrition label or sometimes not even that, not caring what they put in their mouth so long as the hunger gets gone. I have commented here at JPP about how so many things at the store now are are much lower in quality than they were 20-30 years ago. Often I still buy them and fix them, but it pisses me off.
I agree...and many of the "recipes" available are the same...It's getting harder and harder to find a really good cookbook these days... We used to "publish" fundraising cookbooks back in the day...for church, school, scouts, etc. With real recipes from real people...Those are still the very best...;)

I agree...and many of the "recipes" available are the same...It's getting harder and harder to find a really good cookbook these days... We used to "publish" fundraising cookbooks back in the day...for church, school, scouts, etc. With real recipes from real people...Those are still the very best...;)

If you put a shit recipe in the yearly fundraiser PTA cookbook you could expect to hear about it, and maybe pay a penalty. People used them and felt betrayed if the recipe when made according to the written produced crap.

I know I know....

Look.....I think I need to stop now.....this is not doing my mood any good.

If you put a shit recipe in the yearly fundraiser PTA cookbook you could expect to hear about it, and maybe pay a penalty. People used them and felt betrayed if the recipe when made according to the written produced crap.

I know I know....

Look.....I think I need to stop now.....this is not doing my mood any good.
Oh, the good old days...Sorry I went on and on... See you later... and it is time to walk the pups and take things to the little pantry...

This SugarBee is a very fine eating apple, certainly better than the Cosmic Crisp.

I had never heard of them before tonight.

unrelated related things.......spent three weeks in Florida......there you can get an orange called a Honeybell......never seen them in Michigan......they are to regular oranges what the Honey Crisp is to the cardboard-tasting red delicious apples we get aorund here......

Another Cosmic Crisp, this time with fresh ground peanut butter, the kind that separates....not my fave.

I'll take Jiffy or Skip over this.

Even Peter Pan.

Another Cosmic Crisp, this time with fresh ground peanut butter, the kind that separates....not my fave.

I'll take Jiffy or Skip over this.

Even Peter Pan.
I despise that "natural" stuff....I don't know what they were thinking...

We just got done with a half gallon of Kroger cider that was not bad at all, I was pretty surprised.

I had a bag of apples in my fridge for like 18 mos. Gave them to my friend's hog and horses.

They weren't bad, just gettin' a lil wrinkly.

The animules liked 'em!

Have not done apple cider donuts this year....there is a strong chance I dont get any....which is sad.

Growing up every year we would go to Edwards Apple Orchard....they had a U-Pick but we always bought apples out of the barn, and two dozen cider donuts, and seven gallons of unpasteurized cider....Dad made four of them hard for him, and rest was for us and the kids my mom babysat.

I did not like hard cider at the time but I remember what it tasted like....almost none of these expensive hard ciders I can buy come close to being as good.

I had a French cider about four years ago that was tasty, but I dont remember what it was.

I do remember that it was expensive.

Back