How do I get out of thanksgiving?

grind...in all honesty, just say you don't want to go...

granted it took me longer than your years to do so, but once i did, it felt great....if you hate it that bad, you need to do what is right for you. you don't need lies or excuses, its your life and you're only making it worse for others by not living it honestly. if your being there is so painful, it likely comes across to others and you do no one any favors by your presence. and in all likelihood, they would feel bad if they knew you how you felt and feel guilty for making yoiu think yoiu had to show up...

be true to yourself and most everything falls into place, it was a hard lesson for me to learn, but once i learned it, life has been so much better....the old adage and song is true....you can't please everyone....

are we talking about something else or do you have the same thoughts on thanksgiving as me? :eek3:

Yes this is serious, but I don't know how many useful replies I will get. probably zero, but you never know.

For whatever reason, I have some major mental aversion to thanksgiving. I have talked about this in the past on here. It's not your typical "i don't like this holiday" (while secretly not minding it) - I truly truly do not like it, I feel uncomfortable about it, it's just bad bad bad...

Anyway, I am trying to come up with a viable of enough method to excuse myself from the festivities. Nothing is beneath me. My current plan is to pretend I have a lonely friend somewhere and that I want to give them company or something and I'll take a mini vacation somewhere. Other suggestions welcome

Simple.
Become British. We have no idea when the celebration is nor do we care. If it is on a Thursday it is good cos we can just go down the pub. Well - it doesn't really need to be a Thursday!

are we talking about something else or do you have the same thoughts on thanksgiving as me? :eek3:

you asked how to get out of thanksgiving....i was talking about holidays in general...mainly thanksgiving and christmas....

i do not have the aversion to thanksgiving that you do....i just sometimes enjoy holidays without the travel, just the wife and i, without having to spend a good portion of the holiday traveling......just a mini vacation where we live

you just need to be you and be honest about it

lol we should set up a secret santa program where we ship drugs to each other.

Like I'm going to trade this stuff for something I can get at the liquor store. A bottle of vyvanse is seriously worth more than my computer on the black market.

I want your chair grind.

Last edited:
Yes this is serious, but I don't know how many useful replies I will get. probably zero, but you never know.

For whatever reason, I have some major mental aversion to thanksgiving. I have talked about this in the past on here. It's not your typical "i don't like this holiday" (while secretly not minding it) - I truly truly do not like it, I feel uncomfortable about it, it's just bad bad bad...

Anyway, I am trying to come up with a viable of enough method to excuse myself from the festivities. Nothing is beneath me. My current plan is to pretend I have a lonely friend somewhere and that I want to give them company or something and I'll take a mini vacation somewhere. Other suggestions welcome

Fuck something.

I usually get out of most of the festivities by being the cook. I also get out of cleaning the dishes. I eat separately while I run the kitchen... I get to do something I love to do without all the "What are you thankful for?" rubbish.

Don't worry. When you move out of moms house you won't have as much of a problem with Thanksgiving.

You can just make an excuse over the phone.:clink:

Bad plan. You're mom will just invite him/her for dinner too. Pretending to be sick won't work either.

What I would suggest is that you call your mom up, call your sister a thieving bitch for stealing your MP3 player (or what ever your warped little mind can come up with) and that you hate the bitch and you're not going to ever talk to her again and that if she's showing up for Thanksgiving you won't. The women will have an emotional meltdown which is cool cause they eat that shit up anyways, then the day after thanksgiving you call them back and apologize cause you just found the MP3 player in your pants in the laundry and that your sorry for being such an ass. The secret is, that after you tell your mom all that shit is to hang up on her and to not answer your phone until the day after Thanksgiving when you apologize after you found the MP3 player.....you get the big idea here.

The secret is to not matter of factly accuse your sister. You have to be a complete emotional basket case drama queen when you do it. It takes some acting but like I said...women eat that drama queen shit up.

Last edited:
Back