How "green" are electric cars?

Lobbyist get 6 figures for the diahria you spew
Verbal diarrhoea or diarrhea to spell it the correct American way is very much a Septic trait. I am just stating facts, electric cars are here to stay undoubtedly but will need far greener electricity to make any real difference.

I think it's obvious that an electric car will put out less pollution than a normal car would when they are driving but if you are charging your car with electricity that comes from fossil fuels then there is obviously work left to be done. If more and more people use electric cars and make demand for electricity go up then I think you are basically just having the same result as before. If we combined different types of power into our grids then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Having a grid powered by a combination of coal, oil, solar, wind and water would be better than trying to do it all with only one type in my opinion. I personally would not get an electric car because it wouldn't come close to providing me with what I need but if others want to then that's great. I don't think there is one perfect energy source though and you can't just stop using oil since that would kill thousands of jobs and a lot of local communities and economies and it wouldn't really make the situation better. The technology has to catch up our ideas first.

I think it's obvious that an electric car will put out less pollution than a normal car would when they are driving but if you are charging your car with electricity that comes from fossil fuels then there is obviously work left to be done. If more and more people use electric cars and make demand for electricity go up then I think you are basically just having the same result as before. If we combined different types of power into our grids then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Having a grid powered by a combination of coal, oil, solar, wind and water would be better than trying to do it all with only one type in my opinion. I personally would not get an electric car because it wouldn't come close to providing me with what I need but if others want to then that's great. I don't think there is one perfect energy source though and you can't just stop using oil since that would kill thousands of jobs and a lot of local communities and economies and it wouldn't really make the situation better. The technology has to catch up our ideas first.

Didn't Trump say he would put America's coal miners back to work?

A lot of generating plants are natural gas or oil-fired. :palm:

Perhaps you consider those power-generating fuels "green"?

Natural gas us much cleaner than gasoline.
Less than ten percent of electricity is from oil.
That means that just over half, not most.

Natural gas us much cleaner than gasoline. Less than ten percent of electricity is from oil. That means that just over half, not most.

Did anyone say that electric generating plants run on gasoline? :palm:

A lot of electricity is generated by natural gas.

In April 2015, roughly 31 percent of electric power generation came from natural gas, whereas coal accounted for 30 percent.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/14/natural-gas-tops-coal-as-top-source-of-electric-power-generation-in-us.html

That's 61% for coal and natural gas. Add oil-fired and it's definitely 'most'.

Let me acquaint you with a couple of facts.

First: 'Over half' = 'most'.

Second:

When natural gas is burnt, it releases carbon-dioxide, monoxide, and other carbon compounds in the atmosphere. These gases transfer carbon from the earth to the atmosphere, thus contributing towards greenhouse effect.

http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/pros-and-cons-of-natural-gas.php

A lot of generating plants are natural gas or oil-fired. :palm:

Perhaps you consider those power-generating fuels "green"?

Natural gas us much cleaner than gasoline.
Less than ten percent of electricity is from oil.
That means that just over half, not most.

Furthermore,
The study is misleading in that it doesn't reflect reality;
California has 35% of the countries' EV s.
40% of their owners charge their cars with their own panels and since California doesn't burn oil to generate electricity, massive amounts of oil is offset by clean electricity.

Installation of solar panels is surging among electric car owners who find huge savings in fuel costs and taxes while reducing dependence upon imported oil.

Do you think repeating your earlier post makes it more credible? :palm:

Nobody is saying that gasoline is cleaner than natural gas.

Cite the facts that rebut the study, if you can.

Back