How I'm here

Well, I actually just typed in politics.com when I was seeking a website that no longer exists that was almost magical in its ability to find your local government contacts, all the way up to your US reps. That was voter.com... don't go there now, it is something else now...

Anyway, I registered and hovered for a bit then started posting. Mostly arguing with the insane like wanderingbear (he should come over here too if anybody knows how to contact him) about the need for a military at all...

I wound up sticking, then moving to jpp.com when SR created it. By that time I wanted to create my own site and started posting on other places, most of which have now been found by members here, seeking the best software.

When I finally decided to just do it, SR's site also was having the "Security Council" argument. I created it, some followed over, and here we are today.

We are actually growing with some new users, even recent ones like Kingraw, Demosthenes, and others...

The site is doing well and I am glad my cyberfriends came on over here as well...

:D

Hummm..........

How did I get here?...I think it was a invite from No#1(AKA Damo):cof1:....from the old USMB...then followed to Sir Evils fun House...on and on started back about 2003....could be wrong...naw it is correct....!:cool:

The history of how I'm here is as follows:

In late September of 2003, I entered into my url "politics.com" and stumbled acros a lively and animated debte. Over the course of the next year I became very identified with capital "L" libertarianism and started webcamming with Care. I then met Damocles at a bar and got bombed with him.

Then, politics.com started to tank, and SR picked up the slack, so I joined fullpolitics.com. He had a great lively board, awesome members and no moderation. Then he introduced the idea of a security council, which I embraced. But no sooner did he embrace it than he started reading, on the board, other people's IM's.

Then, my man G started this board, and most of us are still here. And we can be here and dig it here because there is nothin but a board here.

Didn't the persona of Beefy start with making fun of dano?

Well, I actually just typed in politics.com when I was seeking a website that no longer exists that was almost magical in its ability to find your local government contacts, all the way up to your US reps. That was voter.com... don't go there now, it is something else now...

Anyway, I registered and hovered for a bit then started posting. Mostly arguing with the insane like wanderingbear (he should come over here too if anybody knows how to contact him) about the need for a military at all...

I wound up sticking, then moving to jpp.com when SR created it. By that time I wanted to create my own site and started posting on other places, most of which have now been found by members here, seeking the best software.

When I finally decided to just do it, SR's site also was having the "Security Council" argument. I created it, some followed over, and here we are today.

We are actually growing with some new users, even recent ones like Kingraw, Demosthenes, and others...

The site is doing well and I am glad my cyberfriends came on over here as well...

:D

I think I remember voter.com. Wasn't it a political message board too? I actually posted on there in 2000, during the Bush Gore campaign.

Anyway, props to you Damo. this is the best political board I've ever been on. Its the perfect combination of freedom of speech, and good oversight and management. well done. :clink:

Im from the USMB / DP side of the family. Damo was no1tovote4 on usmb. Said1, the most beautiful girl on the internet, told me he had started his own board. Here I is.

How big is JPP, Damo, compared to the other political messageboards? Are we one of the biggest?
We are relatively average at the moment, but we've had some growth recently.

I'm trying to figure out where the new people found us from. To see if any of my advertising is working.

We are relatively average at the moment, but we've had some growth recently.

I'm trying to figure out where the new people found us from. To see if any of my advertising is working.

I think you have by far the most dedicated membership. The big ones may come and go but this group is here forever. I've never seen a forum with as dedicated a membership as this one.

Just try not to do anything stupid, like SR or Baer. But it would be nice to have more outsiders come in...

I think you have by far the most dedicated membership. The big ones may come and go but this group is here forever. I've never seen a forum with as dedicated a membership as this one.

Just try not to do anything stupid, like SR or Baer. But it would be nice to have more outsiders come in...

Damo doesn’t have the temperament to do anything like that. Even when he gets mad, he hardly gets mad. Maybe that’s why he has a dedicated membership

Back