How many guns do you own?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
I dunno, not my style. My PMR is a 22 mag and I got 30 rnds per magazine.

Right up my alley. Its basically a 10/22 cut-down to a bulky pistol. Same reliable action, same accuracy and uses the same magazines I have for my rifle. Perfect for punching paper, popping cans, removing rodents and harvesting squirrels or rabbits.

Besides, its a new Ruger. :) Have you seen the new Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle? Those look like fun.

Right up my alley. Its basically a 10/22 cut-down to a bulky pistol. Same reliable action, same accuracy and uses the same magazines I have for my rifle. Perfect for punching paper, popping cans, removing rodents and harvesting squirrels or rabbits.

Besides, its a new Ruger. :) Have you seen the new Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle? Those look like fun.
The scout rifle does look pretty interesting. I've always been a fan of the long eye relief optic concept. Make it in a 7-08 or a 6.5 Grendal and it'd be even more awesome.

The scout rifle does look pretty interesting. I've always been a fan of the long eye relief optic concept. Make it in a 7-08 or a 6.5 Grendal and it'd be even more awesome.

The .308 makes a good all-around round. If you only have one rifle, this would be decent defensive or hunting.

The .308 makes a good all-around round. If you only have one rifle, this would be decent defensive or hunting.

Nothing beats a shotgun for home defense. but if you want to disable your intruders vision add one of the bad boys to your Glock.

Just the other nite while walking the dog some idiots in a old suv slowed down while driving by and shined a green laser on me. As soon as they saw my Glock 22 on my hip they took off. What they dont know is that we got them when they got home. They should have a good time explaining to a judge what their intentions were.

Nothing beats a shotgun for home defense. but if you want to disable your intruders vision add one of the bad boys to your Glock.

Just the other nite while walking the dog some idiots in a old suv slowed down while driving by and shined a green laser on me. As soon as they saw my Glock 22 on my hip they took off. What they dont know is that we got them when they got home. They should have a good time explaining to a judge what their intentions were.

I love my Crimson Trace grips, but I don't own a Glock. Nothing against them, they just never fit me.

Yup, my collection specializes in Russian and pre-cold war arms, but lately I've gotten into the American Western post civil war guns.

Funny thing about the Old West. Obviously, the postwar guns were much better, but if you want to make a Western that will get critical acclaim, its best to make it prewar or wartime, rather than postwar. :cof1:

Funny thing about the Old West. Obviously, the postwar guns were much better, but if you want to make a Western that will get critical acclaim, its best to make it prewar or wartime, rather than postwar. :cof1:

Not really. 1865-1914 era guns are pre WWI and post civil war.

3Dweeb is a fucking moron.

tumblr_llyc2uFMi31qdlkgg.gif

Not really. 1865-1914 era guns are pre WWI and post civil war.

If I listed my top favorite guns, many of them would come from that era. The Henry rifle, the M1911, the Colt single action, the Winchester 94....the list goes on...

If I listed my top favorite guns, many of them would come from that era. The Henry rifle, the M1911, the Colt single action, the Winchester 94....the list goes on...

My favorites from the era, other than the obligitory 1911, are the 1887, 1897, Colt Lightning rifle, 405 Winchester, and everything in a 45-70.

My favorites from the era, other than the obligitory 1911, are the 1887, 1897, Colt Lightning rifle, 405 Winchester, and everything in a 45-70.

The 45-70 is one of the all-time great rounds. I have taken deer and hog with my Marlin in that granddaddy of a caliber. Excellent "thumper" round.

The 45-70 is one of the all-time great rounds. I have taken deer and hog with my Marlin in that granddaddy of a caliber. Excellent "thumper" round.
Its pretty much my favorite caliber. My first custom gun is gonna be chambered in it.

I love my Crimson Trace grips, but I don't own a Glock. Nothing against them, they just never fit me.

The Crimson Trace grips are nice. But if you can get the viridian green and set it on pulse it really screws with the predators vision.

Its pretty much my favorite caliber. My first custom gun is gonna be chambered in it.

With the new Hornady LeverEvolution rounds, they have as much range as I need for most hunting I do. The history of the round alone makes it a keeper. That it can still perform for modern hunters makes it even better.

The Crimson Trace grips are nice. But if you can get the viridian green and set it on pulse it really screws with the predators vision.

I like the laser sight because it allows me to hold the gun in a more defensible position and it keeps my field of vision open. I can watch all around or watch the bad guy's hands, instead of focusing on the sight picture down the barrel.

With the new Hornady LeverEvolution rounds, they have as much range as I need for most hunting I do. The history of the round alone makes it a keeper. That it can still perform for modern hunters makes it even better.
They're also the cheapest factory loads around. Only they don't sell the bullets for handloading, which sucks. I could make some AMAZING fucking loads if they did.

Uh, I meant Civil War. 20th Century Westerns are rare.

Movie wise its like half and half. The metallic cartridge didn't come into vogue until around 1870, and smokeless powder around 1890. Western era guns continued to be the mainstay of the industry until after WWI when bol action rifles and auto pistols proved reliable and viable.

Movie wise its like half and half. The metallic cartridge didn't come into vogue until around 1870, and smokeless powder around 1890. Western era guns continued to be the mainstay of the industry until after WWI when bol action rifles and auto pistols proved reliable and viable.

I think many of the western era guns were the mainstay longer than that. Despite the military's adoption of the M1911, many people didn't trust an auto not to jam. Police agencies carries revolvers (albeit double actions after the '30s) until well into the '70s & '80s.

Back