How many guns do you own?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
Movie wise its like half and half. The metallic cartridge didn't come into vogue until around 1870, and smokeless powder around 1890. Western era guns continued to be the mainstay of the industry until after WWI when bol action rifles and auto pistols proved reliable and viable.

You do realize I was making film commentary about the Western genre, as a distinctly separate commentary from firearms, right? I don't know enough about guns to carry on that conversation very long. :clink:

tumblr_llyc2uFMi31qdlkgg.gif

Pop-Quiz, Legion Fag. Human or fairy, in the above graphic? :cof1:

I own three: Remington pump 12-bore shotgun, S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum, and an old Mauser 98 rifle. My wife has a Beretta 92F pistol.

I own three: Remington pump 12-bore shotgun, S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum, and an old Mauser 98 rifle. My wife has a Beretta 92F pistol.

Good mix. I'm guessing the Remington is an 870. Those are as versital and reliable as a shotgun gets.

I am so torn on guns. Recently I made a thread about wanting a gun, and how cool it would be to have such a cool forehead puncher.

but man, I dont' want to be a redneck gun lover.

And I know i'll never use it :( I don't live in detroit where I need it to defend myself or in florida where I can just tempt someone to enter my home and then shoot them under the premise of the stand your ground law.

Shooting tin cans just doesn't seem that exciting. It's like getting a laser pointer. Cool. it points. Too bad I have nothing to fucking point at.

I am so torn on guns. Recently I made a thread about wanting a gun, and how cool it would be to have such a cool forehead puncher.

And I know i'll never use it :( I don't live in detroit where I need it to defend myself or in florida where I can just tempt someone to enter my home and then shoot them under the premise of the stand your ground law.

Shooting tin cans just doesn't seem that exciting. It's like getting a laser pointer. Cool. it points. Too bad I have nothing to fucking point at.

Grind, you are either a redneck or you aren't. Owning guns doesn't change that.

You do realize I was making film commentary about the Western genre, as a distinctly separate commentary from firearms, right? I don't know enough about guns to carry on that conversation very long. :clink:
Yeah I know, I'm just speaking about the disparity between the two, as pre civil war westerns don't make much sense.

See, you say that, but once you actually go shooting, it's a whole world of fun. It's also incredibly good at reducing stress.

Good mix. I'm guessing the Remington is an 870. Those are as versital and reliable as a shotgun gets.

Yep, that's the one: Remington 870. My uncle is also a serious shooter. He has...
Ruger Super Redhawk (.454 Casull)
Springfield Sledgehammer (S&W .500)
Holland & Holland double elephant rifle (.577 Nitro)
Winchester Model 63 (.22LR)
Purdey over-under shotgun
Bolt-action target rifle he's building, I think a 6mm/.243, might be a .22-250

The Model 29 & my wife's Beretta were gifts from him.

Back