How philosophy is different from science and math

I generally disagree.

Philosophy is the application of logic which is integral to science. Science is the discipline of observation and analysis. The analysis step requires logic which is the core of philosophy.

Philosophy is the logic and inferential infrastructure that underlies the language of science (math) and forms the understory of how data is analyzed.

I agree with this. BP's original premise in the OP is nothing but sophistry. It argues that anything goes and anyone's POV, regardless of how baseless, factually devoid, and unreasoned it is has merit. What BP describes is some sort of thing you would see among high school or freshman college students as they do a bong or pass a bottle of Southern Comfort around. Without structure and logic philosophy becomes sophistry.

I agree with this. BP's original premise in the OP is nothing but sophistry. It argues that anything goes and anyone's POV, regardless of how baseless, factually devoid, and unreasoned it is has merit. What BP describes is some sort of thing you would see among high school or freshman college students as they do a bong or pass a bottle of Southern Comfort around. Without structure and logic philosophy becomes sophistry.

you are fucking stupid. no joke

No surprise most people have no idea what philosophy is. People who never read a philosophy article should feel ashamed to opine on something they are 100% ignorant about.

Here is a summation of most of your posts on here:

You are extremely stupid.

You are very stupid.

There I go, what? I think you are not very bright. Sorry.

You are a waste of time.

ANd you have added very little of value except to insult other posters. Just starting something is akin to someone fucking and making a kid. Doesn't mean they raised it.

You are an extremely poor reader. Not saying it to insult you.

Thread was started with a quote from philosopher Thomas Nagel. Again, philosophy, "is done just by asking questions, arguing, trying out ideas and thinking of possible arguments against them, and wondering how our concepts really work."

https://drb.ie/articles/problems-problems/

If you ever responded to this quote I must have missed it.

You are an extremely poor reader. Not saying it to insult you.

Please don't start lying now.

Thread was started with a quote from philosopher Thomas Nagel. Again, philosophy, "is done just by asking questions, arguing, trying out ideas and thinking of possible arguments against them, and wondering how our concepts really work."

I sincerely doubt you actually have much philosophical background. All you ever do is insult people and make ex cathedra claims.

If you ever responded to this quote I must have missed it.

It was clearly not important enough to you to actually talk about it. Anyone with two thumbs and a keyboard can post a link.

Please don't start lying now.

I sincerely doubt you actually have much philosophical background. All you ever do is insult people and make ex cathedra claims.

It was clearly not important enough to you to actually talk about it. Anyone with two thumbs and a keyboard can post a link.

Yet you refused to respond to it. The topic of the thread. You're a troll.

Yet you refused to respond to it. The topic of the thread. You're a troll.

Let me quote a great philosopher:

You are very stupid.

You are a waste of time.

Next post of yours that contains personal attacks gets you on ignore. Then banned from my threads.

I will attempt to not do so. Sorry.

You are very stupid.

You are a waste of time.

Back