Humanity is Better Off With Religion than Without It

The first few pages sucked.

Militant atheist and the religious give way too much credit for events bad or good to religion. This guy seems to do the same. We would have had wars and we would have compassion for others with or without it.

lmao...so bruce sheiman is a militant atheist.....

prove it or i won't stop laughing

Militant atheist and the religious give way too much credit for events bad or good to religion. This guy seems to do the same. We would have had wars and we would have compassion for others with or without it.

The supernatural does no one any good. If you believe in fairy tales you are, at best, a fool.

Respond to the man's last sentence.

Where did I say he was a militant atheist? The second sentence should have indicated I did not see him as being in either of those groups.

However, like many religious people he gives way too much credit for good things to religion. In the first few pages he says gold is valuable and was used as money due to religion. That's just plain stupid.

Where did I say he was a militant atheist? The second sentence should have indicated I did not see him as being in either of those groups.

However, like many religious people he gives way too much credit for good things to religion. In the first few pages he says gold is valuable and was used as money due to religion. That's just plain stupid.

so you weren't talking about bruce...yet you just happened to say that without disqualifying bruce.....

he is not religious, he is a proclaimed atheist. if you have proof otherwise, let's see it. do you have anything to counter his arguments?

put up the exact quote about gold.

so you weren't talking about bruce...yet you just happened to say that without disqualifying bruce.....

he is not religious, he is a proclaimed atheist. if you have proof otherwise, let's see it. do you have anything to counter his arguments?

put up the exact quote about gold.

Uhh, again, I did not include him in either group. I mentioned the author in the second sentence.

And you bitched about adding a link. I was going to get it for you but I don't see any easy way to highlight or copy text off the page. It's on page 4.

I would say on the whole it is damaging. But, my point is people would do good things and bad things with or without religion.

Well whoop-de-do RS. There will always be outliers.

But I think we're all in agreement that it shifts the normalized curve of human development in a negative direction.

Well whoop-de-do RS. There will always be outliers.

But I think we're all in agreement that it shifts the normalized curve of human development in a negative direction.

I think, mysticism was/is an inevitable and unavoidable part of our development. If there are other intelligent life forms in the universe it is very likely they have or had some form of religion.

I think, mysticism was/is an inevitable and unavoidable part of our development. If there are other intelligent life forms in the universe it is very likely they have or had some form of religion.

Why would it be "very likely"?

Mysticism is just a flaw in the way that the human brain sometimes interprets reality.

Why would it be "very likely"?

Mysticism is just a flaw in the way that the human brain sometimes interprets reality.

It has nothing to do with a flaw in our brain. Any intelligent species is going to try to understand the world around it and before science develops it seems quite natural that they would explain things with mysticism.

Last edited:
b53a5f.jpg

Back