I am currently in a state of intoxiacation

I can do the same, the Prendergast name comes from the Normans. I wasn't asking about that, I was more interested in your lineage from Ireland directly

http://maurie.customer.netspace.net.au/de prend.html

I am of the clan Gordon, the Picts. I won't say my fathers last name or obvious reasons. My ancestors has been traced back to 1100, or there abouts. I have two cousin and one aunt who have gone to your Side of the pond to do research. It is quite amazing. They are very devoted!

Last edited:
I am of the clan Gordon, the Pics. I won't say my fathers last name or obvious reaobs. My ancestors has been traced back to 1100, or there abouts. I have two cousin and one aunt who have gone to your IDE of the pond to do research. It is quite amazing. They are very devoted!

Holy crap, the colors of my high school alma mater are of Clan Gordon! You have been Goddess to the Holy Trinity for a lot longer than previously realized!! :kiss2:

http://schools.shorelineschools.org/shorecrest/front_office/tradition/tradition.php

Mississippi, on the other hand, has endured for quite sometime. So maybe there is something to be said of rednecks?

there's been no where to go but status quo or up for you guys. it can't possibly get any worse in mississippi save for bringing back slavery itself.

Well, it's exaggerated by the fact that half of the seats are appointed by "functional constituencies" that invariably favor right wing candidates. The actual people generally support a left-ish government by a supermajority.

Actually most people don't think too much about politics. They vote, IF they vote at all, according to their conscience and bank account. Youngsters are, as in most places, quite left wing. But politics here is still in its early stages, when I first arrived an election would attract no more that 13 or 14% of the potential electorate at best. My friends tend to be left of centre but the political parties seem to be in disarray. 15 years away from the British benevolent dictatorship what can you expect.? All the local press bar one are self censored and that one, called the Apple Daily and run by a fine man Jimmy Lai has lost millions in ad revenue because he takes a stand against fat cats and crooks. Pity he doesnt have an English version, I have to rely on what friends tell me.
You must also realise that many of the older population are still glad to be alive. I spoke this morning with an old friend who said, I am very lucky to have enough money to survive. If I have rice I live, I need no more than that. But then he is a millionaire so...

Also, while I am a RINO and a Catholic, I think I represent the proto-typical Seattleite fairly well. I'm laid-back, passive aggressive, educated, extremely random, obsessed with anything my city/region has accomplished (grunge, the plaid fashion statement, etc.), I think people from the East Coast are asswholes, etc.

Is this the way you west coast educated folks spell asshole....asswhole ?.....How do the dummies spell it ? Like I did ?

Back