I am half socked.

Sock on or Sock off?

• Total voters
i'm not sure whether to laugh or cringe that this conversation is happening on the interwebs.

anyway

i wear socks as little as possible. when at home....no socks, wear shorts....unless it is really cold.

I will bet your version of really cold and mine are completely different.

I wear shorts nearly all year round. Yeah, even when it is winter in CO. I work at a place where the heat is high and spend way too much time in the heat to worry about the few minutes of discomfort until my truck warms up. Really cold for me, and when I won't wear shorts, is when temps get to 13 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.

While I do keep warmer clothes in an emergency package in the truck I have never had to use it.

Socks, on the other hand, are worn with shoes or boots, never otherwise.

I wear shorts nearly all year round. Yeah, even when it is winter in CO. I work at a place where the heat is high and spend way too much time in the heat to worry about the few minutes of discomfort until my truck warms up. Really cold for me, and when I won't wear shorts, is when temps get to 13 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.

While I do keep warmer clothes in an emergency package in the truck I have never had to use it.

You wear shorts, to work, during winters in Colorado? That seems pretty nutty. I know a guy who does that here, but he's an IT guy and a total loon. He's nice, but definitely three or four sandwiches short of a picnic.

I have my own theory about socks. Everyone has done laundry and ended up with an unmatched sock, right? Ever wonder what happened to the other sock? Well here's my theory. When you put a pair of sock into the dryer and it starts to spin the start charge created animates the sockes. Then the combination of heat and centrifugal force opens a temporarly dimensional portal. The animated socks see this opening and attempt to excape but not all do. That's how you end up with lone sock. What evidence do I have of this phenomena? Well have you ever seen a dirty old crusty sock laying in the middle of the road? That's one that didn't make it.

My boss, and a good friend of mine, do the same thing. I have NEVER seen the latter wear actual pants. EVER.

i only wear pants

1. work requires it

2. the thermometer drops below 45

3. my wedding

if i had my way, i would wear shorts everyday for the remainder of my life.

I have my own theory about socks. Everyone has done laundry and ended up with an unmatched sock, right? Ever wonder what happened to the other sock? Well here's my theory. When you put a pair of sock into the dryer and it starts to spin the start charge created animates the sockes. Then the combination of heat and centrifugal force opens a temporarly dimensional portal. The animated socks see this opening and attempt to excape but not all do. That's how you end up with lone sock. What evidence do I have of this phenomena? Well have you ever seen a dirty old crusty sock laying in the middle of the road? That's one that didn't make it.

Ohio everyone.

i only wear pants

1. work requires it

2. the thermometer drops below 45

3. my wedding

if i had my way, i would wear shorts everyday for the remainder of my life.

I tried talking my wife into me doing a nude wedding.

I have a pair for hiking. They're not bad. However, I stopped wearing them toward the end of the summer because other hikers NEVER FAILED TO ASK/COMMENT ABOUT THEM.

so you stopped wearing them because of what other people think? i am actually considering getting a pair. the reviews are wildly mad about them and more and more people are wearing them where i live. i just can't see spending that much money on something that probably cost a few dollars to make.

did you find they actually strengthened as others have claimed?

You wear shorts, to work, during winters in Colorado? That seems pretty nutty. I know a guy who does that here, but he's an IT guy and a total loon. He's nice, but definitely three or four sandwiches short of a picnic.

It's like 90 degrees at my desk. Sit there fore 8 hours without wearing shorts...

It is likely the IT guy has the same problem.

I was going to head out earlier to buy some food, and so I put on a sock, then I got lazy, and never finished putting on my other sock. I just realized I've been sitting here for 2 hours only half socked.

Being half socked is a bizarre feeling. one foot feels the carpet, the other foot feels the cottony goodness. When one foot touches the other, my feet play off each other in symbiotic fashion. But the unbalanced nature of my feet at this time is starting to be unsettling. Overall, I think I'm starting to notice the ever so slight difference in weight on my left foot.

Should I put on my other sock, or should I take my active sock off?

Sock off, shoes are not my friend, it is the hippie in me.

Back