I am thankful for......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google it!You will find the Whig party collapsed ,after the Kansas ,Nebraska Act.
The new Republican Party Stepped in to fill the void.

The Whig party was collapsing but was still a valid political party "In 1854, opposition to the Kansas-Nebraska Act, which would permit slavery in new U.S. territories by popular referendum, drove an antislavery coalition of Whigs, Free-Soilers, Americans and disgruntled Democrats to found the new Republican Party, which held its first meeting in Ripon, Wisconsin that May.

So I'll give you partial credit.

I am just thankful that most Americans know the difference between the truth and "Fake News".

I am thankful that our forefathers wanted America to have a check and balance on the office of the the president.

I am thankful that most Americans want our president to be accountable for his "Oath of office".

I am thankful for a free press, that asks the president hard questions and expects the president to tell the truth.

I am thankful that most Americans follow the laws of the land and believes that the president is not above the law.

I am thankful that most Americans want free elections free from Russia's meddling in our elections and choosing our presidents.

I am thankful that the truth always comes out!

I am thankful that Justice always prevails!

I am thankful that most Americans know when we have a scandalous president and Cabinet and want Congress to do something about it.

The Whig party was collapsing but was still a valid political party "In 1854, opposition to the Kansas-Nebraska Act, which would permit slavery in new U.S. territories by popular referendum, drove an antislavery coalition of Whigs, Free-Soilers, Americans and disgruntled Democrats to found the new Republican Party, which held its first meeting in Ripon, Wisconsin that May.

So I'll give you partial credit.

Key word "new"Republican party

My point is the Whigs didn't just change the name to Republican.Republican party was a NEW party!

Thats true but the most if not all of the Whig knowledge and experience became Republican knowledge and experience, that is basically a name change. Just like when two companies merge the experience is absorbed by the new company.

That is why your argument is invalid just because the party wasn't called the GOP doesn't mean the people in the new party were unaware of the facts surrounding the Kansas-Nebraska Act.

Thats true but the most if not all of the Whig knowledge and experience became Republican knowledge and experience, that is basically a name change. Just like when two companies merge the experience is absorbed by the new company.

That is why your argument is invalid just because the party wasn't called the GOP doesn't mean the people in the new party were unaware of the facts surrounding the Kansas-Nebraska Act.

You contradicted yourself by saying "New Party",and Southern Whigs didn't become Republican.

You contradicted yourself by saying "New Party",and Southern Whigs didn't become Republican.

The*Republican Party*began as a coalition of anti-slavery Conscience Whigs and Free Soil Democrats therefore if the party didn't exist prior to that it would be a new party.
I don't know what you are trying to prove, but history is history.

The*Republican Party*began as a coalition of anti-slavery Conscience Whigs and Free Soil Democrats therefore if the party didn't exist prior to that it would be a new party.
I don't know what you are trying to prove, but history is history.
And the GOP has strayed so far from its roots that there's now an attempt to revive the Whigs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back