I CHALLENGE you all to a drink off

Hell, he earned being shot when he wasted perfectly good Jack Daniels by mixing it with coke. What sort of fucking Philistine would do that?
Okay, you have all inspired me to have a "red" beer! I had a 2007 Rombauer Zinfandel the other night that was absolutely yummy!

Okay, you have all inspired me to have a "red" beer! I had a 2007 Rombauer Zinfandel the other night that was absolutely yummy!
Froggy, true Red beer is made with V8 or tomato juice.

Also, Jack is a shitty choice in bourbon. It's trendy and tastes bad.

The fact that its trendy does not automatically make it taste bad you blue blooded aristocratic wannabe. Jack is decent whiskey, not great, but there are far worse ones out there.

That being said, there are less expensive better ones out there as well. Evan Williams is smooth as hell, 10 High is smooth, Bulleit is comparably priced but far better, and yes, Old Grandad, less expensive, but superior in flavor.

The fact that its trendy does not automatically make it taste bad you blue blooded aristocratic wannabe. Jack is decent whiskey, not great, but there are far worse ones out there.

That being said, there are less expensive better ones out there as well. Evan Williams is smooth as hell, 10 High is smooth, Bulleit is comparably priced but far better, and yes, Old Grandad, less expensive, but superior in flavor.
No, it being trendy does not make it taste bad. Guinness is delicious and very trendy. That's why I added both points, because it has multiple qualities. Makers Mark is another you missed beefy, in the same price range and superior in flavor. Also, Wild Turkey.

I'm not much of a bourbon man, but if I had to pick a top three it'd be:

1. Makers Mark
2. Knob Creek
3. 10 High

If it were overall whiskeys, bourbon wouldn't be anywhere near the list.

Hard to say. But about half a fifth of bourbon and about 10 beers. I'm feelin' it today. I look like the walking dead.
Let's see. Cap'n Billy chugged 6 liters of beer (205 oz) to Beefy's half a fifth of bourbon (13 oz) and 10 beers (120 oz). Assuming the beer had an alcohol content of 6% and that the Bourbon was 80 Proof (40%) that means Cap'n Billy consumed a total of 12.3 oz of ethanol to Beefy's 12.4 oz. It's close but looks like Beefy wins.

I prefer Makers Mark myself. Just bought a Buckeye bottle (scarlet and gray wax). My wife and I had a couple of drinks Thanksgiving night and we ran out of rum so she asked if she could mix my Makers Mark with her coke and I told her no! LOL I also like Woodford Reserve and I think it's a great value as other Bourbon's I've tried that are comparable in quality cost quite a bit more. Now I can appreciate Wild Turkey 101 or Knobb Creek as some people like a bit of that Rye bite to their bourbon but I prefer mine with that buttery smoothness that just right for drinking neat or over the rocks.

And Jack is not shitty Bourbon, it may be over priced and over marketed but it is a very good product.

#1. Woodford Resereve
#2. Makers Mark
#3. Bulleit

Ive never had Woodford, but I'll give it a whirl on your recommendation. Glad to see I'm not alone on the 10 High or the Bulleit. Makers is a given though. Pound for pound, Bulleit is the bomb. 10 High is significantly cheaper though, so I usually roll with that or Evan Williams.

Worst ones ever:

1.) Black Velvet
2.) V0
3.) Canadian Club

Let's see. Cap'n Billy chugged 6 liters of beer (205 oz) to Beefy's half a fifth of bourbon (13 oz) and 10 beers (120 oz). Assuming the beer had an alcohol content of 6% and that the Bourbon was 80 Proof (40%) that means Cap'n Billy consumed a total of 12.3 oz of ethanol to Beefy's 12.4 oz. It's close but looks like Beefy wins.
Mott, that's good math an all, but your short 11oz. When I refer to a liter, I'm referring to the vessel from which a drink, a 1 liter Oktoberfest stein. These are intended to hold approx 33oz of beer, but also hold 36 (3 12oz bottles) well enough. I simply refer to liters as it's easier than saying 3 bottles in one glass. I had 216 oz of 6% beer. Though if you're going to assume alcohol volume in general for beer, you'd be better of at 5.2%, as that's what your average beer is.

Also, I wouldn't say I chugged anything. That's not something I can do number one, and number two, my time line is several hours long.

Ive never had Woodford, but I'll give it a whirl on your recommendation. Glad to see I'm not alone on the 10 High or the Bulleit. Makers is a given though. Pound for pound, Bulleit is the bomb. 10 High is significantly cheaper though, so I usually roll with that or Evan Williams.

Worst ones ever:

1.) Black Velvet
2.) V0
3.) Canadian Club
What? No Aristocrat?

No I mean Aristocrat brand bourbon. That stuff will rot your liver out just looking at it.

Oh my fucking Jesus God. Aristocrat makes Taaka look like the Drink of the Gods. It has obvious weird, chemical flavors in it. I drank the entire handle in less than a week regardless.

It still tastes better than Bacardi 151 though.

Back