I didn't know that?

through minimal wikipedia-ing. I have already outed billy for the great liar he is. Detroit did not invent soda.

Soda has existed for centuries prior to detroit making their piss barrel drink. Soda fountains were invented almost 50 years prior. Soda also has ancient roots.

Cliffs:
uSt97.jpg

He didn't claim they invented Soda, Grind. Quit being obtuse. He said they invented Pop.

Damascus, Syria, was flourishing a couple of thousand years
before Rome was founded in 753 BC,
making it the oldest continuously inhabited city in existence.

An impressive feat considering how many times ancient cities could expect to have ever man, woman, and child slaughtered by invading armies in ancient times. Ancient people were pricks.

He didn't claim they invented Soda, Grind. Quit being obtuse. He said they invented Pop.

pop is another term for soda. we were clearly talking about drinks that are related to coke, pepsi, etc. Soft drinks. And the major defining component of soft drinks, and soda (which is what people mean when they call something pop) was all invented way before detroit suck city had anything to do with it. I am glorious. I have shown the beacon of truth to all those willing, the liars and deceivers shutter at my piercing words.

There are no natural lakes in the state of Ohio , every one is manmade. Not quite correct. Last I heard, Lake Erie isn't man made.

I know that from around 1850 a resevoir was dug at the head waters of the St. Joseph river in western Ohio. The St. Joe and Auglaize rivers merge together in Indiana to form the Maumee River which flows north east back into Ohio and into Lake Erie at Port Toledo.

The resevoir that was dug at the head waters of the St. Joseph river near a small village of the name "St. Mary's". Prior to that it had been known as "Girty's Town" after the notorious Britsh frontier Indian agent Simon Girty who dwelled at this location during the revolutionary war era. This region of Ohio was dominated at the time by Southern German immigrants of Catholic heritage. The resevoir had two purpose. It was used to drain a part of the great black swamp which created an abundance of fine black soil farmland in the region. It's primary purpose though was to act as a feeder for the Miamia/Erie Canal. After the "National Road" this was the next largest civil construction project in the State. Ironically, the canal was a failure and only lasted about 10 years before being replaced by the railroad. During the construction of the Miami-Erie Canal and it's resevoir there was a large influx of Irish immigrant laborers of which many settled in that area of western Ohio and eastern Indiana (My great great grandfather was one of them.). To give you an idea of the racist views held towards the Irish, German laborers were paid $2/day. Irish laborers were paid $1/day and a bottle of whiskey.

The resevoir that was used to feed the Canal was renamed after the village of St. Mary's where it was excavated as "Grand Lake St. Mary's". The reason for all this trivia?

From when it's excavation was completed (around 1850) and until Hoover dam was constructed in the 1930's, Grand lake St. Mary's mark in history was as the worlds largest man made resevoir.

Today it's a mess. No till farming and it's reliance of vast amounts of chemical fertilizers and the resulting run off have polluted the lake so badly that during the warm months it's one large stinking algal bloom nor can you swim in it cause of bacterial load due to the agricultural pollution. That's a shame as it used to be quite the tourist destination regionally and brought much needed toursit money. Now, if you live there, you pray to the lord above that you live up wind of the lake.

I think they mean that there are no natural lakes wholly within Ohio borders.

There are no natural lakes in the state of Ohio , every one is manmade. Not quite correct. Last I heard, Lake Erie isn't man made.

I know that from around 1850 a resevoir was dug at the head waters of the St. Joseph river in western Ohio. The St. Joe and Auglaize rivers merge together in Indiana to form the Maumee River which flows north east back into Ohio and into Lake Erie at Port Toledo.

The resevoir that was dug at the head waters of the St. Joseph river near a small village of the name "St. Mary's". Prior to that it had been known as "Girty's Town" after the notorious Britsh frontier Indian agent Simon Girty who dwelled at this location during the revolutionary war era. This region of Ohio was dominated at the time by Southern German immigrants of Catholic heritage. The resevoir had two purpose. It was used to drain a part of the great black swamp which created an abundance of fine black soil farmland in the region. It's primary purpose though was to act as a feeder for the Miamia/Erie Canal. After the "National Road" this was the next largest civil construction project in the State. Ironically, the canal was a failure and only lasted about 10 years before being replaced by the railroad. During the construction of the Miami-Erie Canal and it's resevoir there was a large influx of Irish immigrant laborers of which many settled in that area of western Ohio and eastern Indiana (My great great grandfather was one of them.). To give you an idea of the racist views held towards the Irish, German laborers were paid $2/day. Irish laborers were paid $1/day and a bottle of whiskey.

The resevoir that was used to feed the Canal was renamed after the village of St. Mary's where it was excavated as "Grand Lake St. Mary's". The reason for all this trivia?

From when it's excavation was completed (around 1850) and until Hoover dam was constructed in the 1930's, Grand lake St. Mary's mark in history was as the worlds largest man made resevoir.

Today it's a mess. No till farming and it's reliance of vast amounts of chemical fertilizers and the resulting run off have polluted the lake so badly that during the warm months it's one large stinking algal bloom nor can you swim in it cause of bacterial load due to the agricultural pollution. That's a shame as it used to be quite the tourist destination regionally and brought much needed toursit money. Now, if you live there, you pray to the lord above that you live up wind of the lake.

Didn't you get your ass whupped by Canada the last time you tried to claim Lake Erie?.....I think the feds had to send an army to save you......

More great facts on Alaska

Purchase of Alaska: Alaska was purchased from Russia in 1867 for $7.2 million by then Secretary of State William H. Seward.
Entered the Union: Jan. 3, 1959, as the 49th state
Per Capita Personal Income: $30,675 in 2000
Heaviest Annuam Snowfall: 974.5 inches at Thompson Pass near Valdez, during the winter of 1952-53
Tallest Mountain in North America: Mount McKinley at 20,320 feet
Most Glaciers in the Nation: 29,000+ square miles or 5% of the State
Largest Cabbage: 98 Pounds in 1990
Highest Point: Mount McKinley, 20,320 ft
Shoreline: 33,904 miles
Land Area: Alaska is the largest state in the union at 586, 412 square miles (approx. 365,000,000 acres). It's about 1/5 the size fo teh contiguous 48 states. Alaska is about 1390 miles tall and 2210 miles wide. The mean elevation is 1900 ft. The aleutian Islands are 1100 miles long. Alaska has both the eastern, western, northern most points in the U.S.​
Largest Glacier: The Maslaspina Glacier at 850 sq miles is the largest. There are more active glaciers and ice fields in Alaska than all the remaining states combined - 100,000 glaciers in all.​
Longest Day: Barrow, 800 miles south of the North Pole, has the longest and hortest day. When the sun rises on May 10th, it don't set for nearly 3 months. When it sets on November 18th, Barrow residents do not see the sun again for nearly two months. The langest day in Anchorage is about 20 hours and the shortest is about 4.5 hours. Temperature Extremes: The highest air temperature recorded in Alaska was 100 degrees F at Fort Yukon in 1915. The lowest temperature, -80 degrees F, was recorded at Prospect Creek Camp in 1971. Earthquakes: America's biggest earthquake, on March 27th 1964, devastated much of Southcentral Alaska. The Good Friday earthquake measured 8.6 on the Richter Scale. This has since revised upward to 9.2 - the strongest ever recorded in North America. Mountains: Alaska has 17 of the 20 highest mountains in North America. Mt McKinley is the highest at 20,320 ft, second is Mt Saint Elias, near Glennallen, at 18,008 ft. National Parks: Alaska has 15 National Parks Tides: Turnagain Arm, near Anchorage, has tides as much as 30 feet. Tidal bores occur just as the tide changes from outgoing to incoming. Population: The 1990 census lists Alaska's population as 550,043. 1996 estimates place the population at 607, 007, with approx. half in Anchorage, 80,000 in Fairbanks, 27,000 in Juneau and the rest distributed about the state in a few small towns and numerous villages. This gives Alaska a population density of 2.6 people per square mile (less rivers, lakes, etc.). Alaska is closer to Russia than the 48 contiguous US states. Little Diomede Island (US) is 2.5 miles from Big Diomede Island (Russia). The mainland is only 51 miles from Russia across the Bering Strait. Alaska is almost as close to Tokyo, Japan (3,520 miles) as New York City (3,280 miles)

God you southerners are whimps. Maybe if you put on a coat and man up a little you might have a different point of view about michigans frozen shore line.

http://www.myspace.com/cindy_esprit/photos/34343376#{"ImageId":34343376}

I'm working in snow now. But when I go to the coast, I am not interested in wearing a coat. I want to swim, dive, canoe, fish, and enjoy the sun & water.

Wimp? Nah, just pickier about my fun. I'll go see Michigan in the summer.

I'm working in snow now. But when I go to the coast, I am not interested in wearing a coat. I want to swim, dive, canoe, fish, and enjoy the sun & water.

Come in the summer, then :good4u:

As well you should. Also, try a freshwater charter.

Fun times.

As well you should. Also, try a freshwater charter.

Fun times.
I did that on Erie for Walleye. 4 of us Chartered a boat and we caught about 12 Walleye with the smallest one being about 5 lb and one lunker in the 8 lb range. I feel sorry for our southern cousins who are outdoors man and never had a shore lunch of fresh Walleye, the best freshwater fish in the world to eat!

I'd like to do it again on lake Michigan for salmon.

I don't like hunting in Michigan. They permit high powered rifles and there to many city boy idiots from Detroit who think a $3,000 rifle makes them an expert hunter. I like living to much to hunt there. I think michigan has the highest rate of accidental hunting deaths in the nation on an annual basis.

I did that on Erie for Walleye. 4 of us Chartered a boat and we caught about 12 Walleye with the smallest one being about 5 lb and one lunker in the 8 lb range. I feel sorry for our southern cousins who are outdoors man and never had a shore lunch of fresh Walleye, the best freshwater fish in the world to eat!

I don't like hunting in Michigan. They permit high powered rifles and there to many city boy idiots from Detroit who think a $3,000 rifle makes them an expert hunter. I like living to much to hunt there. I think michigan has the highest rate of accidental hunting deaths in the nation on an annual basis.
You'd be wrong. And rifle hunting is only allowed in the UP and a few counties in the upper LP.

captain retard, I take it that the absence of your forthcomingrebuttal of my immutable facts and your two day silence on the issue is evidence that you have fully surrendered and accepted defeat?

captain retard, I take it that the absence of your forthcomingrebuttal of my immutable facts and your two day silence on the issue is evidence that you have fully surrendered and accepted defeat?
I rebutted it in the other thread, the one Watermark started.

But since you asked....

Grind, the basis of your argument is that since soda water (carbonated water) is the largest ingredient in pop, that it should take the title of soda.

But if I said you needed to replace your steel belted rubbers, you'd look all sorts of confused, even though that's the prime component of TIRES. You see Grind, basic chemistry says that when you change the chemical make up of something, it becomes something new. Therefore, it is pop, as first dubbed when the first soft drink (Vernors) was created.

Never had walleye, but I heard its tasty. My two favorite fish to catch and take to the frying pan are catfish and trout. Nothing like a midnight catfishing run and then fry'em up with some hushpuppies. Mmmmm

Back