I didn't know that?

You'd be wrong. And rifle hunting is only allowed in the UP and a few counties in the upper LP.

???.....half the LP is not a "few counties"....
hunt_zones_20886_7.jpg

Never had walleye, but I heard its tasty. My two favorite fish to catch and take to the frying pan are catfish and trout. Nothing like a midnight catfishing run and then fry'em up with some hushpuppies. Mmmmm

It is called a Zander in England and was introduced in the 1960s in East Anglia. It is now present in many places in Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire.

http://www.gulliblestravels.co.uk/Zander.htm

Last edited:
You'd be wrong. And rifle hunting is only allowed in the UP and a few counties in the upper LP.
even if I am right it's a moot point. I haven't hunted in years. Sold my Hawkins years ago. Still like to fish though. I went up to the UP to explore the fishing there only to be told the fishing is better on the upper LP. Is that true?

the UP is the Upper Peninsula....it is populated by Uppers (pronounced you-per) who often mistake themselves for Canadians....the LP, or Lower Peninsula is the state of Michigan.....the two are connected by the Mackinac Bridge which can be crossed for a fee of $10 unless you drive a Yugo which have been prohibited since the 80s when one blew off the bridge in a high wind....

Last edited:
even if I am right it's a moot point. I haven't hunted in years. Sold my Hawkins years ago. Still like to fish though. I went up to the UP to explore the fishing there only to be told the fishing is better on the upper LP. Is that true?
Depends on what you're fishing for honestly. Yellow perch, the only thing worth fishing for is better in the mid to lower LP.

Back