I feel kind of guilty about something......

Nothing wrong with paying attention to what's going on around you especially if something seems odd... these days it's hard to not be suspect when something seems not quite right... you definitely shouldn't feel guilty... you handled it just right... from your description it sounds like someone just looking for a moment to reflect...

Reflecting on weither or not to expose himself by opening his trench coat.

Had an odd situation happen yesterday in church. So,.......we generally sit about 3 or so pews back from the front, all the way to the left side on the outer edge. About halfway thru the service a very odd looking man walked in and sat right in the front row all the way to the left,...directly in front of me 2 rows up. His attire was not the norm. Came in wearing a long trench coat and wearing a beach hat. :thinking: Took his hat off after a minute, long pony tail. Very weird looking guy,.....way out of place. Like I say,...he came in half way thru,...only stayed about 15 minutes and left well before the service was over.

Saw him reach in his coat a couple of times but pulled out nothing? It was also odd that he kept the long trench coat on as it was rather warm , almost uncomfortable in there yesterday ??

All I could think of was what kind of action plan I would use if this guy got funny and pulled out a weapon/gun. Yep....thats what was on my mind. I judged him....in church. I kept thinking that if this guy as much as farts crossways Im going to be on him before he can blink.

I was pretty relieved when he got up and left without incident. But later upon reflection I wondered.............DRY RUN ? Who knows nowadays. He was probably just some troubled person maybe looking for answers,....who knows.

So my question is.......If you were in that same situation would you also have pre judged him like I did? Had the same kind of thoughts that ran thru my mind at the time? :thinking: Be HONEST....

1) I would not feel guilty about that, it was not an unreasonable consideration.
2) You did not treat the guy badly, in fact he likely knew you existed.
3) I do not believe in ever feeling guilty.

Had an odd situation happen yesterday in church. So,.......we generally sit about 3 or so pews back from the front, all the way to the left side on the outer edge. About halfway thru the service a very odd looking man walked in and sat right in the front row all the way to the left,...directly in front of me 2 rows up. His attire was not the norm. Came in wearing a long trench coat and wearing a beach hat. :thinking: Took his hat off after a minute, long pony tail. Very weird looking guy,.....way out of place. Like I say,...he came in half way thru,...only stayed about 15 minutes and left well before the service was over.

Saw him reach in his coat a couple of times but pulled out nothing? It was also odd that he kept the long trench coat on as it was rather warm , almost uncomfortable in there yesterday ??

All I could think of was what kind of action plan I would use if this guy got funny and pulled out a weapon/gun. Yep....thats what was on my mind. I judged him....in church. I kept thinking that if this guy as much as farts crossways Im going to be on him before he can blink.

I was pretty relieved when he got up and left without incident. But later upon reflection I wondered.............DRY RUN ? Who knows nowadays. He was probably just some troubled person maybe looking for answers,....who knows.

So my question is.......If you were in that same situation would you also have pre judged him like I did? Had the same kind of thoughts that ran thru my mind at the time? :thinking: Be HONEST....

If I am not mistaken, you had the same thought when you saw a black guy in your grocery store with a long coat on or something similar, all I can offer is:

“Paranoia strikes deep”
“Into your life it will creep”
“It starts when you're always afraid”

If I am not mistaken, you had the same thought when you saw a black guy in your grocery store with a long coat on or something similar, all I can offer is:

“Paranoia strikes deep”
“Into your life it will creep”
“It starts when you're always afraid”

You are mistaken. That story was from another poster.

Since this appears to be a legitimate question.......

Given that violence has now become an acceptable way of resolving grievances (the why is a discussion for another day) I don't blame you for remaining observant. That said, my guess is that Jesus himself would probably look out of place in most churches these days, which I think is a rather sad commentary on the state of organized religion.

As long as you aren't acting on those suspicions but just being observant, I don't blame you. I find myself doing that at most places we go. Sad commentary on the state of the country.

1) I would not feel guilty about that, it was not an unreasonable consideration.
2) You did not treat the guy badly, in fact he likely knew you existed.
3) I do not believe in ever feeling guilty.

3) So Hamas shouldnt feel guilty about beheading babies. What a human being you are.

That isn't prejudging him. He was acting strangely. I have taught my children, and continue to teach folks that will listen, it isn't "stranger danger" they should be looking out for, it is strange behavior. You may want to speak to the deacons about it, so that if he comes again there can be more than one set of eyes watching.

Man, you love putting words in my mouth... I think it justifies your silly constant outrage.

Good Lord, this would be much easier if you had a functioning brain, here is what you said, "

"I do not believe in ever feeling guilty."

So you're saying Hamas should feel guilty about beheading babies but you wouldn't because you do not believe in EVER feeling guilty. AGAIN you're a piece of shit as a human being.

Good Lord, this would be much easier if you had a functioning brain, here is what you said, "

So you're saying Hamas should feel guilty about beheading babies but you wouldn't because you do not believe in EVER feeling guilty. AGAIN you're a piece of shit as a human being.

It is a list with entries that are related to each other. 1-2-3.

In context, no one should feel guilty about judging people when it comes to sensing something that is wrong.

I'll use Hamas as an example (your example).

One should not feel guilty if one suspects others of being a Hamas terrorist, especially when it comes to babies.

I did not say anything about Hamas, and I do not care if they feel guilty or not. (they don't) I care that they get justice for what they have done.

I'll use Hamas as an example (your example).

One should not feel guilty if one suspects others of being a Hamas terrorist, especially when it comes to babies.

One should feel guilty when one has done something wrong. Beheading babies is wrong so those doing it should feel guilty about it but they dont seem to. Those who think Hamas was justified in beheading babies should feel guilty but in fact some got irate when told they should feel guilty.

Back