I joined the NRA when I was 15, what have you done for your country?

Another pussy to put on ignore. :toilet:
[emoji23][emoji23] How does making fun of the fact he has an Uncle named Tom makes me a pussy?

Please learn words before you use them out of context and sound like a hateful moron. Step your vocabulary up. If you have to talk like that in order to get your point across, you already lost.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I’m a member of DU as well, though I rarely hunt waterfowl. I like what they do. Here they also help the fishermen by improving the various primitive boat ramps into the river. Their position on firearms is just fine with me too.

Basically they say we aren’t getting too involved but do support the rights of lawful gun owners.
ive taken some urban liberal friends to some beautiful conservation sites and explained to them that this was largely paid for by hunters. Some got it some excoriated hunter for being hypocrite who conserve land only for killing its inhabitants. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but the urban/rural divide on guns can be flabbergasting.

ive taken some urban liberal friends to some beautiful conservation sites and explained to them that this was largely paid for by hunters. Some got it some excoriated hunter for being hypocrite who conserve land only for killing its inhabitants. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but the urban/rural divide on guns can be flabbergasting.

The urban/rural cultural divide on guns (among other things) is real...and deep. Like you, I take any of my urban friends or relatives hunting or shooting as often as the opportunity presents itself. I also make it a point to provide the same opportunity to participate in hunting/shooting activities (also fishing, but this is a gun thread) to any foreign exchange students. I have probably at least modified the opinions of at least 20 FE students and sometimes even their families over the years and caused some to make a 180 degree turn around on their stance as far as guns are concerned. But they spend at least 10 months here and are immersed in our lifestyle.

The urban/rural cultural divide on guns (among other things) is real...and deep. Like you, I take any of my urban friends or relatives hunting or shooting as often as the opportunity presents itself. I also make it a point to provide the same opportunity to participate in hunting/shooting activities (also fishing, but this is a gun thread) to any foreign exchange students. I have probably at least modified the opinions of at least 20 FE students and sometimes even their families over the years and caused some to make a 180 degree turn around on their stance as far as guns are concerned. But they spend at least 10 months here and are immersed in our lifestyle.
Conversely some rural folks should spend some time in urban environments where street crime is a real problem. Which is in my experience is much harder to do as many rural folk would rather cut off their arm then get within 100 miles of a city larger than 10,000 people. LOL

Liberal friends?

Why would anyone choose to have liberal friends?

Are you aware that liberals can turn you into a retarded homosexual?

Liberal friends?

Why would anyone choose to have liberal friends?

Are you aware that liberals can turn you into a retarded homosexual?
Ugh. Here we go.

Another homophobic conservative trying to pick a fight instead of having an actual debate about actual politics.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Conversely some rural folks should spend some time in urban environments where street crime is a real problem. Which is in my experience is much harder to do as many rural folk would rather cut off their arm then get within 100 miles of a city larger than 10,000 people. LOL

Absolutely true. I make myself (and believe me I have to ‘make’ myself) spend time in cities ...I hate it and can’t wait t9 get home ... for me as well as for my son. He needs to see how other folks live. So many kids around here grow up and have no clue why people take the political stances they do.

Now you sound like evince, except you made it 3 words without any typo's, misspellings or sounding like a total retard.

...well, maybe a little retard.
Q-Tip....me thinks you just bit off more than you can chew. Oh well...some people always got to find out the hard way.

Absolutely true. I make myself (and believe me I have to ‘make’ myself) spend time in cities ...I hate it and can’t wait t9 get home ... for me as well as for my son. He needs to see how other folks live. So many kids around here grow up and have no clue why people take the political stances they do.
Trust me I know. I play hell getting my family to come up here to visit. You can see them visibly start to stress out at the thought of navigating city traffic and Columbus isn't exactly like driving in Chicago. The population density in many large cities in America isn't that much more than most small towns. LA and Atlanta for example. They just go on forever but are not that densely populated.

I can live in either environment as they both have their advantages and disadvantages...which would probably explain why I live in the Burbs. Most of the advantages of both and less of the disadvantages.

But the fact that I do live in Columbus, which I moved to primarily for employment opportunities, has had a significantly unfortunate negative impact on my relationship with my family, as most of my family live not to far away in rural Ohio but never come here to visit me and I always have to travel to see them and that has gone on so long that I've grown to resent it. My wife really, really, really dislikes American rural communities, not because she doesn't like rural life. Hell she grew up on a farm but because American rural life can be incredibly insular and you are either a part of the community or you are a "non-existent non-entity that people are duly polite to than completely ignore since you're not one of them" so she HATES IT when I make plans to visit my rural relatives.

It's the exact opposite of rural life in Asia where rural social structures are very communal and hospitable. I've explained to her why American rural life is so insular and she gets it....but she still doesn't like going there and being treated like an outsider. Which doesn't bother me in the least. As I've explained to my wife...that's a two way street.

Last edited:
Now you sound like evince, except you made it 3 words without any typo's, misspellings or sounding like a total retard.

...well, maybe a little retard.

And you sound like a guy who is a connoisseur of hobo ass and horse semen.

Back