I love my job.

That's not true. I used to go there on a regular basis cause my wife liked their wings. What's funny in the south is you'll see red necks bringing their wife and kids to Hooters to eat. LOL

They promote it as a family restaurant. I am into very healthy living these days, wings aren't in my diet. When I eat chicken I want meat, not bone!

Oh, how awful, do they tell them that in school?
LOL What do you think? Fabricators are a different breed. Scratch some plans to build a galvanizing plant on a napkin and give them enough steel and welding rods and they'll build it for you. That's what motivates them. If they were worried about their health they'd become clerks.

They promote it as a family restaurant. I am into very healthy living these days, wings aren't in my diet. When I eat chicken I want meat, not bone!
Well I hear what you're saying.....though I have to admit the wing is my favorite part of the chicken. It has so much gellatin in it. So you may not like them fried and slathered in hot sauce but you can make the best stock and chicken and noodles with wings. I usually make stock with wings and backs and simmer the stock over night. I'll then remove the solids and pop it in the fridge then later remove the congealed fat from the top. If the stock has turned into jello then you've done it right and can make some pretty good eats.

Now as fer wing joints. We have a sports bar chain that originated here in Ohio called BW3 and that's my favorite wings joint. Though Hooters waitresses are still the bomb!

Well I hear what you're saying.....though I have to admit the wing is my favorite part of the chicken. It has so much gellatin in it. So you may not like them fried and slathered in hot sauce but you can make the best stock and chicken and noodles with wings. I usually make stock with wings and backs and simmer the stock over night. I'll then remove the solids and pop it in the fridge then later remove the congealed fat from the top. If the stock has turned into jello then you've done it right and can make some pretty good eats.

Now as fer wing joints. We have a sports bar chain that originated here in Ohio called BW3 and that's my favorite wings joint. Though Hooters waitresses are still the bomb!

Here it is a place called, "Wings and Things". They closed down for a summer and you would have thought it was the end of
the world for their die hard fans!

LOL What do you think? Fabricators are a different breed. Scratch some plans to build a galvanizing plant on a napkin and give them enough steel and welding rods and they'll build it for you. That's what motivates them. If they were worried about their health they'd become clerks.

Dude I'm not worried about it, the majority of my welding is TIG which is harmless to my lungs. And in any event, I gotta die from something.

Women will also tend to discover that fine gourment dishes exist at gentlemen's clubs, and accompany their friends for a night out. I think many places even offer lady's nights as if they were night clubs and bars. Its damned convenient that you can treat your lady friends to fine dining while you are periodically in the back receiving fellacio and other deserts.

Dude I'm not worried about it, the majority of my welding is TIG which is harmless to my lungs. And in any event, I gotta die from something.
Dude....I used to be an EH&S manager too. I sent more then one TIG welder to the hospital or home with a case of metal fume fever. I brought in a CIH into the shop every 6 months to do personal air monitoring of my welders and certain other operations people and I continously monitored the welders blood for lead and zinc. Several times a year I would reassign welders to other duties cause the lead and zinc levels in their blood was to high. TIG may not be as harmfull as arc welding.....but the exposure risk is significant. Also, most fabricators I know are versed in more forms of welding then TIG. They have to be.

Buffalo Wild Wings is starting to get really popular out here. One opened up not too long ago in Tacoma, and everyone at work went ballistic.

Dude....I used to be an EH&S manager too. I sent more then one TIG welder to the hospital or home with a case of metal fume fever. I brought in a CIH into the shop every 6 months to do personal air monitoring of my welders and certain other operations people and I continously monitored the welders blood for lead and zinc. Several times a year I would reassign welders to other duties cause the lead and zinc levels in their blood was to high. TIG may not be as harmfull as arc welding.....but the exposure risk is significant. Also, most fabricators I know are versed in more forms of welding then TIG. They have to be.

I've got certified in all major forms of welding (TIG, MIG, oxy/fuel, arc). But I'm the only guy in the shop (or rather, the only guy on the marine side) that knows TIG so that's what I do mostly. Doesn't mean I'm not capable of doing other things, or that I don't do it. Just not often. I'm far more worried about lead from shooting than from welding.

Back