I only percolate my coffee. Drip coffee is for proles.

Percolated & drip coffee is for wimps. Boiled coffee is what real men drink.

Mainly I was being a smartass. I use a drip coffee pot because it is so convenient.

If I want really good coffee I use a french press. But the trick is the water temp. It needs to be above 190 degrees.

Mainly I was being a smartass. I use a drip coffee pot because it is so convenient.

If I want really good coffee I use a french press. But the trick is the water temp. It needs to be above 190 degrees.

This is the shit I am talking about.

How is a drip more convient than a perc?

This is the shit I am talking about.

How is a drip more convient than a perc?

First of all, I never owned a percolator with a timer. I fix my coffee pot up the night before, and when my alarm goes off so does my coffee pot.

Plus that marvelous invention that allows me to steal the first cup before the pot is completed.

You can actually brew coffee by just throwing it in with water, leaving it overnight in the fridge, and filtering it yourself in the morning. This is supposed to be the best way to make cold coffee.

First of all, I never owned a percolator with a timer. I fix my coffee pot up the night before, and when my alarm goes off so does my coffee pot.

Plus that marvelous invention that allows me to steal the first cup before the pot is completed.

The beans begin to dry immediately upon being ground, the best effect is to grind the beans last and run the pot immediately after or you add bitterness to the coffee.

I used to drink coffee a lot but now I can't stand the stuff, tea is far more refreshing and it's a proven antiseptic as well. So you don't get that rancid taste in your mouth as you do from coffee.

Clearly you were not drinking percolated coffee or you just brew your coffee too strong. Well made coffee should not be bitter.

Back