If ten million dollars fell in you lap...

Totally. Nature Conservacy is great at buying the land, and managing it. The have a bunch of marsh land and tidal flats around here. Prime biological habitat. And the land is held in trust, so developers will never lay there hands on it.

Love it
Ummm, assets in a trust ARE transferable.

1) Home (solar-powered w/ generator back up) in Southern Spain along the mediteranean ($0.5M)
2) Mansion (solar-powered w/ generator back up) on the Jersey shore ($1.5M)
3) A huge condo in Paris preferably the 7th Arrondissement ($0.8M)
4) Home for my aunts and grandmother
5) a 3 month trip around the pacific islands
6) 40 day African safari
7) Vanity and drunken debauchery (e.g. wine, boob upkeep when needed, faboulous jewelry) ($0.5M)
8) Invest my assets and live off the interest and help out family members with college.

1) Home (solar-powered w/ generator back up) in Southern Spain along the mediteranean ($0.5M)
6) 40 day African safari
7) Vanity and drunken debauchery (e.g. wine, boob upkeep when needed, faboulous jewelry) ($0.5M)
8) Invest my assets and live off the interest and help out family members with college.

$4,000,000 to the government as well. Don't forget about that. Eat the rich remember? We've got wars to fight and social programs to fulfill.

I'm assuming it was net.

If it wasn't then, screw my relatives and I'll pass on the Home in Southern Spain.

6) 40 day African safari

that's a hell of a lot of money for boob upkeep. ;)

$4,000,000 to the government as well. Don't forget about that. Eat the rich remember? We've got wars to fight and social programs to fulfill.

Depends if it is a capital gains and you roll it into something else....not so bad.
Since I live a pretty frugal lifestyle that proposed value added tax would not get the gummit much from me :)

I would provide for my family first and some very close friends, I would set up trusts for my children and their children.
I would give to my favorite charities, and set up a foundation for children, maybe art education.
I would support the candidate of my choice.
I would do random acts of kindness everyday to unsuspecting people on the streets.

Invest most of it so I could live off the interest. Probably set up a nice bankroll for my poker habits... I may start some charitable organization to filter my funds through so I wouldn't be taxed. That's about it

I would provide for my family first and some very close friends, I would set up trusts for my children and their children.
I would give to my favorite charities, and set up a foundation for children, maybe art education.
I would support the candidate of my choice.
I would do random acts of kindness everyday to unsuspecting people on the streets.

Oh come on froggie, you can be honest here, what would you really do with the money? :p ;)

Million dollar condo's in Tahoe, Destin
top off the retirement fund
2 mill to Katrina rebuilding
1 mill to Childrens hospital

Personally....

and honestly...I would probably give it away...minus just a little to have a little fun..would not want all the headaches of money...robbery,fraud,Kidnappings of family members et al...I am a simple guy with simple needs...BBQ,Beer,family,Bikes,boats,flying and a occassional adult
encounter with the girl of my dreams for a night anyway...lol:clink:

Oh come on froggie, you can be honest here, what would you really do with the money? :p ;)

Yep, I have cancer, your perspectives change in life when you know you could die and hope for the best.

It hasn't changed me, just re-enforced to me who I am. And yes, in life my joy is to give, not receive. I know it is hard to understand when you don't share these ideals.

See, once you reach middle class, money won't make you happy, people believe it does, but in reality it doesn't. Happiness is a state of being, some people think material things fill the void, but it doesn't most of time. My girlfriend who is a multi-millionaire isn't any happier than myself. She may have more creature comforts, but she isn't happier.

It won't be my house or my car or my bank account that remembers me after I am gone.

Yep, I am really this sappy...

Back