I'm going to Graceland

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
The Mississippi Delta was shining Like a National guitar, I am following the river Down the highway Through the cradle of the civil war I'm going Graceland, Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee.

Home of the delta blues, sun music, Mud Island, BBQ, The King and Lucille.

I'll make this pilgramage to pay my homage to Graceland.

I never liked him, either and people always looked at me like I had two heads when I say it!

His greasy hair and wierd nose just made me cringe.

He was so uninterested in anything intelligent.

I was of the wrong generation I guess.

I am nearly 53 now and was just a tad too young for him at the time.

Elvis was creepy in his later years. Young Elvis was cool. He was what lots of guys wanted to be and who most girls wanted to do. He was in shape, joined the Army, married a beauty queen and had a fairy tale life. Then he started taking drugs, shooting TV's, and eating way too many fried peanut butter and nanner samiches. It was then he got creepy.

Cool Elvis
ElvisPresley.jpg

Creepy Elvis
elvis1-015.jpg

His greasy hair and wierd nose just made me cringe.

He was so uninterested in anything intelligent.

I was of the wrong generation I guess.

I am nearly 53 now and was just a tad too young for him at the time.
I am 55 and the same here! I guess we were all about, "The Beatles"

Elvis was creepy in his later years. Young Elvis was cool. He was what lots of guys wanted to be and who most girls wanted to do. He was in shape, joined the Army, married a beauty queen and had a fairy tale life. Then he started taking drugs, shooting TV's, and eating way too many fried peanut butter and nanner samiches. It was then he got creepy.

Cool Elvis
ElvisPresley.jpg

Creepy Elvis
elvis1-015.jpg
I remember his creepy years the most! unfortunately.

yeah I was like 3 when he did his live show on NBC in the black leather thing. That was about the last of Cool Elvis we ever saw. You notice that when most impersonators do Elvis they pick the Creepy Elvis because he is easier to caricature. I liken them to drag queens, over the top. Very hard for anyone to pull off Young cool Elvis.

We were just too ypoung to see the cool side.
Elvis's gift was to be a white boy who could sing in the black manner.

He didnt write any songs.

He had a decent voice and could sing the blues well for a white boy.

End of talent

yeah I was like 3 when he did his live show on NBC in the black leather thing. That was about the last of Cool Elvis we ever saw. You notice that when most impersonators do Elvis they pick the Creepy Elvis because he is easier to caricature. I liken them to drag queens, over the top. Very hard for anyone to pull off Young cool Elvis.

Go read up on elvis.

He wrote nothing.

He was very well versed in gospel and the blues and had a decent voice.

His talent ended there.

Absolutely .. if you wanna see Cool Elvis go to youtube and watch the 68 special. I was 11 when this came out and huge Beatle fan(still am) ... I didnt appreciate it until they rereleased it in the 80's. Elvis shines here ...

Some of my Elvis faves

Jailhouse Rock
Heartbreak Hotel
Little Sister
All Shook up
Thats Alright Mama

Go read up on elvis.

He wrote nothing.

He was very well versed in gospel and the blues and had a decent voice.

His talent ended there.

Yeah ..I know all about Elvis .. his talent was charisma and not just a decent voice but a great voice. The legends that came after him..like The Beatles, Led Zep and a host of others all idolized him for a reason...

Back