APP - I'm starting to change my mind on ethanol.

It's not low maintenance. It requires the same (or more) level as a regular gasoline using car. But cost per gallon is significantly lower (nat gas here is around 79 cents a gallon).

Here in the land of rediculous energy costs, it works out even. How do you figure the maintenence is high compared to gasoline?

Here in the land of rediculous energy costs, it works out even. How do you figure the maintenence is high compared to gasoline?
I never said it was higher, I said it wasn't lower. From what I've seen it's about even. Fuel lines and what not go faster typically, because you need to keep the natgas as a higher PSI than regular fuel.

Even if I was legion I would still know more about engines, fuel, and most anything else than you.

well you certainly haven't shown you know anything about converting engines to run on natural gas or ethanol.....and I seriously doubt you know more about "most anything else" than anyone.......

The cost to convert to CNG can range from about $12,500 to $22,500 depending on the vehicle, engine, size of CNG tanks needed, and who does the converting. The greatest expense is for the CNG tanks, and the more capacity and number of tanks, the more expensive the conversion

http://www.greencar.com/articles/can-convert-natural-gas.php

Converting a NON Flex Fuel vehicle to run on E85 ethanol can be accomplished by nearly anyone for under $400 and under $600 including additional high performance parts to increase MPG

http://e85vehicles.com/converting-to-e85.html

Not true. It is rediculously simple to add gasous fuel to existing cars. Conversion to alcohol requires replacement of all non-compatible components.

****cough*****

Last edited:
PMP, all the ellipses in the world won't give you the precious brain you need to decipher the obvious. But don't worry, there are studies that say most goldfish would be able to identify us, so you can always buy a helper pet to keep your constant confusion to a minimum.

PMP, all the ellipses in the world won't give you the precious brain you need to decipher the obvious. But don't worry, there are studies that say most goldfish would be able to identify us, so you can always buy a helper pet to keep your constant confusion to a minimum.

not to mention, the goldfish has a greater desire to figure out who's who than I do.....the only problem is, if I had a goldfish trained to keep track of you, I wouldn't bother to ask him......

I find it amusing that my intent to ignore the namechangers has drawn more attention here than if I had actually complained about it.....why does it bother you that I don't devote half my day to figuring out who you are from moment to moment, that instead I generally just don't bother responding to your posts.....the one time I do take the effort to respond, the only comment I get is complaints I'm not up to date on your current identities......I guess I learned my lesson.....it was a mistake to read the post I read......

I'm curious why no one bothered to comment on anonymous dimwit's claim it was cheaper to convert a car to run on natural gas than on alcohol......(not even anonymous dimwit).....that's actually on topic.......namechanging isn't.....

I find it amusing that my intent to ignore the namechangers has drawn more attention here than if I had actually complained about it.....why does it bother you that I don't devote half my day to figuring out who you are from moment to moment, that instead I generally just don't bother responding to your posts.....the one time I do take the effort to respond, the only comment I get is complaints I'm not up to date on your current identities......I guess I learned my lesson.....it was a mistake to read the post I read......

I'm curious why no one bothered to comment on anonymous dimwit's claim it was cheaper to convert a car to run on natural gas than on alcohol......(not even anonymous dimwit).....that's actually on topic.......namechanging isn't.....
Funny enough you're the only person who seems to bring up name changing, and further you seem to imply that it's some sort of problem or something. Well, you and Low.

for the same reason that we dumped billions of dollars in subsidies on the oil companies

Not really, oil is viable without the subsidies, most of those are to draw some of that production into a state/area that thinks it needs the jobs.

Back