Imus

Cancel7

Banned
I don't think I've seen this talked about on here, or maybe I missed it? This came up at Easter dinner last night, and a friend of mine also mentioned it to me this morning. I'm sure most are going to go on rampages about "PC run amok", because today, PC means not being a frigging animal, and we know that can't be tolerated.

Imus, McGurk and McCord are all racists. I've watched his show, and I understand that, and you won't see me denying it. And I'm glad that Sharpton is on their ass now. But, I have called MSNBC so many times over these animals and their constant degradation of women. It's just disgusting. Beyond the pale. Never have I seen three uglier men sitting around everyday saying the most disgusting and dehumanizing things about women. They have two groups of women; women they would do, and women they wouldn't do. And women they wouldn't do are not human. Syd Rosenberg was 'fired" last year for saying about singer Kylie Minogue's breast cancer "she won't look so pretty when she's bald with one t**"

However, his "firing" was a joke as he has been back on a lot since he was "fired". This is only one example of what they do to women on that show. Their racism has finally caused a firestorm, though I believe it's going to get put out anyway, but their disgusting, beyond the pale, hatred of women, doesn't raise anybody's eyebrows? This is a mainstream news show here, on MSNBC. I'm at the point now, where I'm going to start writing letters to their sponsers. I'm done with trying to get anyone to even respond to this at MSNBC. And, my friend brought up a really good point. Why no "worst person in the world" award from Olberman? Because if this was occurring on FOX, he'd be all over it. And he should be.

NEW YORK — Radio host Don Imus apologized Friday for calling the Rutgers University women's basketball team "nappy headed hos" on his nationally syndicated program.

The National Association of Black Journalists demanded his immediate firing after the man known as "Imus in the Morning" put his foot deep in his mouth Wednesday. Imus questioned the players' looks, describing them as tattooed "rough girls." His producer compared the team _ which has eight black members _ to the NBA's Toronto Raptors

Imus was speaking with producer Bernard McGurk when the NCAA title game between Rutgers and Tennessee came up.

"That's some rough girls from Rutgers," Imus said. "Man, they got tattoos ..."

"Some hardcore hos," said McGurk.

"That's some nappy headed hos there, I'm going to tell you that," Imus said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070406/imus-apology

I don't think I've seen this talked about on here, or maybe I missed it? This came up at Easter dinner last night, and a friend of mine also mentioned it to me this morning. I'm sure most are going to go on rampages about "PC run amok", because today, PC means not being a frigging animal, and we know that can't be tolerated.

Imus, McGurk and McCord are all racists. I've watched his show, and I understand that, and you won't see me denying it. And I'm glad that Sharpton is on their ass now. But, I have called MSNBC so many times over these animals and their constant degradation of women. It's just disgusting. Beyond the pale. Never have I seen three uglier men sitting around everyday saying the most disgusting and dehumanizing things about women. They have two groups of women; women they would do, and women they wouldn't do. And women they wouldn't do are not human. Syd Rosenberg was 'fired" last year for saying about singer Kylie Minogue's breast cancer "she won't look so pretty when she's bald with one t**"

However, his "firing" was a joke as he has been back on a lot since he was "fired". This is only one example of what they do to women on that show. Their racism has finally caused a firestorm, though I believe it's going to get put out anyway, but their disgusting, beyond the pale, hatred of women, doesn't raise anybody's eyebrows? This is a mainstream news show here, on MSNBC. I'm at the point now, where I'm going to start writing letters to their sponsers. I'm done with trying to get anyone to even respond to this at MSNBC. And, my friend brought up a really good point. Why no "worst person in the world" award from Olberman? Because if this was occurring on FOX, he'd be all over it. And he should be.

NEW YORK — Radio host Don Imus apologized Friday for calling the Rutgers University women's basketball team "nappy headed hos" on his nationally syndicated program.

The National Association of Black Journalists demanded his immediate firing after the man known as "Imus in the Morning" put his foot deep in his mouth Wednesday. Imus questioned the players' looks, describing them as tattooed "rough girls." His producer compared the team _ which has eight black members _ to the NBA's Toronto Raptors

Imus was speaking with producer Bernard McGurk when the NCAA title game between Rutgers and Tennessee came up.

"That's some rough girls from Rutgers," Imus said. "Man, they got tattoos ..."

"Some hardcore hos," said McGurk.

"That's some nappy headed hos there, I'm going to tell you that," Imus said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070406/imus-apology

I support Imus' right to free speech, and I support his right to the consequences of that speech. What an asshole!

As you suggest Darla, Imus has a history of walking on the edge, and saying some pretty outrageous stuff.

If this were a one-time thing, maybe we could simply condemn it and then move on. But, like you, I've watched his show. I think the man is clearly a bigot. He has a history of this crap. I hope he gets called out on this.

His show sucks. I've turned to it a couple of times in the morning, and racism and se xism aside, he's just not good. Howard Stern and bubba the love sponge are racist and se xist too, but at least they are good at what they do and they pander to their audience and they are funny sometimes.

But that was totally unfair, and just down right mean what he said. Those young ladies have worked hard to get where they were that season and they did a stellar job and I'm assuming for the most part have pretty decent GPAs. For him to cast judgement on them so venomously was absolutely absurd and I'm sure hurt their feelings. I hope he loses a ton of sponsorship for what he did. I'd pull my ads from his show.

His show sucks. I've turned to it a couple of times in the morning, and racism and se xism aside, he's just not good. Howard Stern and bubba the love sponge are racist and se xist too, but at least they are good at what they do and they pander to their audience and they are funny sometimes.

But that was totally unfair, and just down right mean what he said. Those young ladies have worked hard to get where they were that season and they did a stellar job and I'm assuming for the most part have pretty decent GPAs. For him to cast judgement on them so venomously was absolutely absurd and I'm sure hurt their feelings. I hope he loses a ton of sponsorship for what he did. I'd pull my ads from his show.

There are a lot of civil rights organizations who are on this and they're going to picket him and NbC. Also, NOW has taken this up, as they should. So maybe, something real will come of it this time.

As you suggest Darla, Imus has a history of walking on the edge, and saying some pretty outrageous stuff.

If this were a one-time thing, maybe we could simply condemn it and then move on. But, like you, I've watched his show. I think the man is clearly a bigot. He has a history of this crap. I hope he gets called out on this.

He was clearly a racist back when he only had a local NY show. How he got to the point in his career where he is carried on MSNBC and reaches so many people, is beyond me.

There are a lot of civil rights organizations who are on this and they're going to picket him and NbC. Also, NOW has taken this up, as they should. So maybe, something real will come of it this time.

I'm glad to see that. Everything he said was just completely un called for. Particularly given the nature of his show. I'm sure most of listeners don't tune in to hear him degrade women on a successful basketball team.

I never listen to his show, but I heard him say he regretted having said what he said and that he was sorry and that he does not think like that.

Its enough for me to give him a clean slate. I would not want to waste my energy on that any more, there are plenty of people who are truely and openly racist to worry about.

He was clearly a racist back when he only had a local NY show. How he got to the point in his career where he is carried on MSNBC and reaches so many people, is beyond me.

I don't know much about him. Except these two facts:

His show sucks
And now I know that he's a racist/sxist pig

I had never listened to him and did not even know he existed until this flap....

But then I view all the talking head shows as blather , hype, spin, oughtight lies and false outrage.

Channel surfing the other night and came up on one with 5 people on it, thought to my self, this must be "babble on five" chuckled and moved on.

I never listen to his show, but I heard him say he regretted having said what he said and that he was sorry and that he does not think like that.

Its enough for me to give him a clean slate. I would not want to waste my energy on that any more, there are plenty of people who are truely and openly racist to worry about.

Jarod, he regrets that anybody noticed what he said, not saying it. He's been bashing blacks and women every day on his show for decades now.

He's sorry that he's getting some heat from his bosses on it, that's what he's sorry about. They couldn't back away from him fast enough, and that's enough to make any pig sorry.

But he's not as sorry as he should be...just yet. The day he'll be really sorry is the day he, and his band of goons, get their asses kicked out onto the street.

He is only sorry for the consequences of his actions not sorry a bit for his actions. A common train of thought...
Sorry for getting caught , not sorry for the action .

Imus sucks. Does anyone listen to his show?

The truth is though that the demographic of talk radio really eats this kind of stuff up. I used to listen to Opie and Anthony and Howard Stern all the time before they went to satellite. It doesn't get more racist or sexist on these shows especially sexist. However these shows are not to be taken seriously and are more of an exhibition of things than an instruction to the listener for emulation.

Where Imus is in respect to that I"m not sure. If Imus' show is more of a political bent like Rush's then this is unacceptable. If his show is more of a Stern imitation I can say its tasteless but isnt' anything unusual.

I'd encourage the sponsors to pull funding.

The truth is though that the demographic of talk radio really eats this kind of stuff up. I used to listen to Opie and Anthony and Howard Stern all the time before they went to satellite. It doesn't get more racist or sexist on these shows especially sexist. However these shows are not to be taken seriously and are more of an exhibition of things than an instruction to the listener for emulation.

Where Imus is in respect to that I"m not sure. If Imus' show is more of a political bent like Rush's then this is unacceptable. If his show is more of a Stern imitation I can say its tasteless but isnt' anything unusual.

I'd encourage the sponsors to pull funding.

That's the thing about Imus. His is a very political show, and very high-profile politicians go on it every week. So do mainstream "respected" journalists like Tim Russert. This seems to me to then mainstream this kind of racism and sexism. Gives it a stamp of respectability.

Where Imus is in respect to that I"m not sure. If Imus' show is more of a political bent like Rush's then this is unacceptable. If his show is more of a Stern imitation I can say its tasteless but isnt' anything unusual. ...

I'll tune into his TV airing on MSNBC (I think) in the morning every now and then. And yes. He does suck, but his show isn't supposed to be a Howard Stern type program he's more into the news or whatever stupid stuff they are chit-chatting about. I mentioned the Stern comparison earlier - they are racist but I have to admit, it can be funny at times. But Imus was just down right mean to be mean and I didn't find anything he said somewhat amusing.

Back