Iran: Are We Attacking This Spring?

"Wow Superfreak, you can google right wing opinions! "

source of that... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh

So wiki is now right wing to you?????

"So again, anytime you can refute the reporting of Seymour Hersh's Iran stories, feel free to do so. Anytime you want to take up the opinions of the Generals in those articles, you should do it to their faces."

Again... take a look back .... both Iran and the US denied his reports that US troops were in Iran. The nuclear option has not been taken off the table. The US has repeatedly said his accusations are warrantless and that they were not planning to nuke Iran. It was a wild accusation on his part and he has provided no evidence that nukes were about to be used.

No, I think wiki is a compiliation of differing, but "opinions", many of which are based, like yours, on ignorance.

You mean that George bush denied these reports? Oh, that means something to me, thanks for the enlightment.

He is a hack who likes to toss bombs and then hide behind unnamed sources

Like anyone else, Hersch is not always right. But, He has been right about some of the biggest stories involving our military in the past four decades. My Lai, and Abu Ghraib being two prime examples. He broke those stories.

My Lai was what made him so famous to begin with, and though Superfreak is going to find this hard to believe, the US called him a liar then too.

"Like anyone else, Hersch is not always right. But, He has been right about some of the biggest stories involving our military in the past four decades. My Lai, and Abu Ghraib being two prime examples. He broke those stories."

1) My Lai was a long time ago and yes, he deserves credit for that

2) Abu Ghraib story was FIRST investigated by the MILITARY, then reported by 60 minutes followed by Hersh... so yes, he gets some credit for this story as well. But let us not forget ALL of the allegations that he mentioned with reference to Iraq that he FAILED to prove.

"Responding to the book, historian and former Kennedy aide Arthur Schlesinger, Jr. called Hersh "the most gullible investigative reporter I've ever encountered."[18]"

I suppose Kennedy's people are right wing to you as well... right Darla?

AND his own editor?

To what book? What are you talking about??

Give sources, and backround and stop googling like a frantic two year old who just had his first cup of coffee and slapping whatever slop you find onto the screen.

My Lai was what made him so famous to begin with, and though Superfreak is going to find this hard to believe, the US called him a liar then too.

Basically, I find Hersch's crediblity for being right about some of the biggest stoories involving our military, to be just a tad better than Sean Hannity, George Will, or Thomas Friedman.

Didn't Hersch break the NSA wiretapping story too.

You're right. He gets called a liar a lot. And then it turns out later, that he was right.

On that note, I'm still not convinced we'll attack iran. I have no doubt they're working on contingency plans to do so. But whether bush will pull the trigger is another story.

"But a kid on a message board calls him a "hack" and thinks he's proved something.

And if masturbation is your end game..then I guess you have."

35 Darla and a lot more intelligent and successful than you. Apparently you have failed to realize the number of times people from your side of the aisle use wiki. It is hardly an opinion site given the references. You also fail to answer how it is that Schlesinger is somehow right wing now.

Just because he has had some success doesn't change the fact that he tosses a lot of bombs that don't amount to anything. He has certainly been right in the past upon occassion, but you are completely dismissing all the accusations he makes that are meritless. You must obviously enjoy the kool-aid.

Hersh's 1997 book about John F. Kennedy, The Dark Side of Camelot, made a number of controversial assertions about the former president, including that he had had a "first marriage" to a woman named Durie Malcolm that was never terminated, and that he had a close working relationship with mob boss Sam Giancana. In a Los Angeles Times review, Edward Jay Epstein cast doubt on these and other assertions, writing, "this book turns out to be, alas, more about the deficiencies of investigative journalism than about the deficiencies of John F. Kennedy." [17] Responding to the book, historian and former Kennedy aide Arthur Schlesinger, Jr. called Hersh "the most gullible investigative reporter I've ever encountered."[18]

I gave you the wiki link on him which in turn has links to all of the information. Just because you are too ignorant to read them, don't cry to me about it.

"Basically, I find Hersch's crediblity for being right about some of the biggest stoories involving our military, to be just a tad better than Sean Hannity, George Will, or Thomas Friedman. "

Wow, you are really aiming high there. Being better than Hannity? That is like saying he is better than a rock.

"On that note, I'm still not convinced we'll attack iran. I have no doubt they're working on contingency plans to do so. But whether bush will pull the trigger is another story."

I would HOPE they are working on a contingency plan. After the debacle that is Iraq, I would think they would have learned their lesson and actually tried planning ahead of time. Obviously we do not know what will happen, but I can't see us attacking Iran.

"Like anyone else, Hersch is not always right. But, He has been right about some of the biggest stories involving our military in the past four decades. My Lai, and Abu Ghraib being two prime examples. He broke those stories."

1) My Lai was a long time ago and yes, he deserves credit for that

2) Abu Ghraib story was FIRST investigated by the MILITARY, then reported by 60 minutes followed by Hersh... so yes, he gets some credit for this story as well. But let us not forget ALL of the allegations that he mentioned with reference to Iraq that he FAILED to prove.

The military, after the story was broke by the media, claimed to have been investigating the abuses for ONE YEAR already. What had come of it? Well, until the story was broken one year later, NOTHING. But you seem to swallow a lot of what your government tells you. That's an excellent trait...for a clerk.

To say that 60 minutes broke the story and hersh didn't is just disengenious. They broke it literally, within one or two days of each other, one on tv, and one in print. Both reports very in depth, so they were both working on it independently of each other for some time.

You are very silly

"Give sources, and backround and stop googling like a frantic two year old who just had his first cup of coffee and slapping whatever slop you find onto the screen."

Try fucking reading with comprehension and you might have realized that the source was already listed and that it ALL came from wiki... which provides further sourcing. Had you been paying attention you would have also noted that the name of the book had already been mentioned AND that you had quoted it in one of your idiotic knee-jerk responses.

"The military, after the story was broke by the media, claimed to have been investigating the abuses for ONE YEAR already. What had come of it? Well, until the story was broken one year later, NOTHING. But you seem to swallow a lot of what your government tells you. That's an excellent trait...for a clerk."

So you believe the military when Hersch sources it, but you don't believe the military when they speak directly to the public.

"To say that 60 minutes broke the story and hersh didn't is just disengenious. They broke it literally, within one or two days of each other, one on tv, and one in print. Both reports very in depth, so they were both working on it independently of each other for some time."

That is not what I said, I said... "Abu Ghraib story was FIRST investigated by the MILITARY, then reported by 60 minutes followed by Hersh... so yes, he gets some credit for this story as well."

"You are very silly"

And you are truly unable to read and comprehend as you have shown yet again.

"On that note, I'm still not convinced we'll attack iran. I have no doubt they're working on contingency plans to do so. But whether bush will pull the trigger is another story."

I would HOPE they are working on a contingency plan. After the debacle that is Iraq, I would think they would have learned their lesson and actually tried planning ahead of time. Obviously we do not know what will happen, but I can't see us attacking Iran.

Well, no one really cares what you can see.

Hersh is far from the only outlet or reporter who has been reporting that an attack on IRan is in the works. This might come as a huge shock to you, but it's been in all the papers. Pick one up.

Or, turn on your television. Though Hersh was the first to do in-depth reporting on this some time ago, the mass media have picked this story up as inside-the beltway talk, and evidence has mounted.

If you don't own a tv, and can't read, then I suggest you wait for spring. Time will tell.

Ohh, wiki again.

George W Bush's bio: Born in New Haven, Connecticut, Bush was the first child of George H. W. Bush and his wife Barbara Bush.He has the biggest balls ever seen in the universe. He has sex with aliens. His paternal ancestors emigrated from Somerset in the West Country of England in the seventeenth century.

As appeared on wiki, which apparently and reportedly has no one monitoring what is posted on their website by readers.

It is widely considered an "expert source" by idiots.

oops. i meant feb 1, 1981! raygun just needed a few days to form the seat in the oval office to his ass before he ordered that one!

"George W Bush's bio: Born in New Haven, Connecticut, Bush was the first child of George H. W. Bush and his wife Barbara Bush.He has the biggest balls ever seen in the universe. He has sex with aliens. His paternal ancestors emigrated from Somerset in the West Country of England in the seventeenth century.

As appeared on wiki, which apparently and reportedly has no one monitoring what is posted on their website by readers.

It is widely considered an "expert source" by idiots."

funny Darla, because it is not on Wiki, which means it was indeed taken off and monitored.

Also... take a look at what the media is ACTUALLY reporting... they are saying that the US is working on CONTINGENCY plans. AS they should. Not that we are going to attack Iran in the spring.

Back