Iraq in a Civil War? Yes or no?

How would you best describe the primary warring in Iraq, now??

• Yes, the fighting and warring in Iraq is primarily Civil War between the Sunni and the Shiite.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No, the war in Iraq is primarily with the terrorists that killed Americans on 9/11 &/or alqaeda.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
word has it that coalition forces have actually dug up assyrian trebuchets.... weapons of mass destruction.... sure, they aren't good for anything anymore, but they WERE the cat's pajamas in their day......

sort of like the rusted old chemical weapons projectiles filled with decomposing goo that used to be capable of hurting a few folks on the battlefield.... they aren't weapons of mass destruction anymore either...but that won't stop the likes of Dixie from claiming that they are.

Maybe you are under the mistaken impression that Congress gives a fuck what the American people think? Honestly, they don't.

Immie? Have you been doing drugs or drinking heavily lately? It's unlike you to make such absurd statements. Of course, every Congressman gives a fuck what the American people think, particularly those who will go to the polls and vote for or against them. I'm sorry if you are under the impression that we live in some sort of alter-reality where Congress just gets re-elected without concern for the voters wishes, but that isn't how it happens, and you should try and understand it.

The vast minority are against this war, have been from the start, and their representatives have skirted treason to speak for them, but they do not represent the majority view of the country, if they did, we would not be in Iraq at this moment. You can continue to defy logic and reason and be a Pinhead, but the truth of the matter is, America gets it, they understand why we are in Iraq and why we can't cut and run, and they also understand there is a very vocal anti-war element to contend with here. Congress is well aware of how their constituents feel, and they vote accordingly. To contend otherwise, is just plain devoid of reasoning and logic on a level that is unbecoming to you.

You, Dixie, live in a Republican dream world and are totally out of touch with the people. Are you by any chance a Congressman?

Give me a break! Congress doesn't care what the people think or say because they know that most Americans vote party line anyway. Just like you. The Republicans don't care what you think because they know they have you by the balls and you would not vote Democrat if you were trapped in hell and your vote would cause hell to become a living paradise. It is that way with most Americans.

Congressmen and women know that the people that they need to please are their party elite because their party elite control the election funds and with those funds comes power.

Your representatives stand up there and pass gas all day long telling you they are your voice but when it gets down to the final vote they do what the party tells them to do.

Immie

Last edited:
Even if they feel that Bush screwed up royally and have a decent idea on how to prosecute the war on terrorism, a vote against Bush's War will be politically spun to be an Anti-American/Anti-Troop vote and at the very least will lead to a tough battle in the next re-election campaign for any who "oppose" Bush's War.

You Pinheads keep claiming that a vast majority of America disagrees with Bush on Iraq, doesn't like his handling of it, wants a new direction, blah blah blah... So, why would opposing Bush on this, lead to anything but improved poll numbers for those on the side of the American people? I don't get it! Either you are lying out your ass about what the American people think, or you believe Congress is purposely and intentionally going against the will of the people out of fear that doing what the people want, will be negatively spun against them, even though it was what they wanted. Which one is it?

Dixie is delusional. In my post on this thread numbered 102 I quoted this exact post. Yet he claimed that nothing in this post I quoted which you can find at number 97 on page 7 was "capitalized", he says this in post number 108 on page 8 where he made this list of claims

"1. Nothing in the quote you posted was capitalized.
2. Nothing in your response, relates to the question I asked.
3. Nothing in your response is worthy of discussion.
4. Nothing I've seen you post to date, has been anything more than a flame.
5. Nothing you've presented, refutes a damn thing I have said.
6. Nothing is all you have to offer in the way of ideas.
7. Nothing is what you are worth in the arena of debate."

This proves that Dixie is either delusion or an unrepentent and compulsive liar. As such there is no reason wahtsoever to take anything he says seriously. If he will lie about something like this as blatantly as he has here there is no reason to believe a word he says.

Danced on their graves? How so?

And as for "reality"... you are not the best people to discuss "reality" since you don't seem to know what it is. Shouldn't you be somewhere downloading video's of the WTC falling in its footprint, proving Bush and Cheney did it?

When did I claim the WTC was done by Bush or Cheney.? Are you making shit up?

And Jarhead... I am not the one claiming our 2,500 Heroes gave their lives for an unjust cause, or making what they died for a national disgrace, you are the one propagating that myth. I am not the one protesting at their funerals and calling them cold-blooded murderers, that's John Murtha and Cindy Shehan, they aren't republicans.

I am not protesting at any funeral or calling anyone a cold-blooded murder.

In fact I dont think Shehan or Murtha are doing that either!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie
1) Sold a war based on WMD.

WMD's were an issue.

2) Sold a war with the idea that it would be easy, "mission accomplished style.

Administration never stated any such thing, in fact, stated the exact opposite.

3) Admited there are no WMD.

Never did this either, in fact, have found over 700 WMD munitions in Iraq.

4) Lost the lives of 2500 plus American Heros.

2,500 American soldiers have given their lives for this, only to have you and your ilk, spit in their face, protest at their funerals, call them murderers, and disgrace them on a daily basis while claiming you support them. I can't say for sure, but I firmly believe over half of America has no intentions of allowing you and the liberals to turn Iraq into Vietnam 2.

I resent the claim that I spit in a soldiers face, that I protested at a funeral or that I called them murders. To claim so is a dsicusting and desperate attempt to grasp at your crumbling reality.

You sir, have made repugnant and discusting allegations that you should take backi!

I said the administration "Admited there are no WMD."

Dixie said, "Never did this either, in fact, have found over 700 WMD munitions in Iraq."

"Now, look, I -- part of the reason we went into Iraq: was -- the main reason we went into Iraq: at the time was we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. It turns out he didn't, but he had the capacity to make weapons of mass destruction."

GEORGE W. BUSH, AUGUST 21, 2006 Press conference!

Back