Is Clinton's Candidacy Blocking 'Path to 9/11'?

cawacko

From the L.A. Times today. Here's the link so you can read the whole article for youself. I will post some of the highlights...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...p05,1,1332927.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews

The basic theme is there are several dozen television DVD's slated for release on September 11th. Path to 9/11 which had high viewership is not one of them.

""With no date for the release, questions are being raised about whether political pressure is behind its current status as a stalled or discarded DVD project. The reasons are murky, but the miniseries' writer, Cyrus Nowrasteh, believes it's crystal clear: Powerful forces are out to protect Bill Clinton's presidential legacy and shield Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) from any potential collateral damage in her bid for the White House.

Nowrasteh, also one of the miniseries' many producers, said he was told by a top executive at ABC Studios that "if Hillary weren't running for president, this wouldn't be a problem."""

"""This isn't about politics, said film director Oliver Stone, but about the right of artists to have their work distributed.

"This is a shame; it's censorship in the most blatant way," said Stone, who has hired Nowrasteh for several writing projects. "I'm not vouching for its accuracy -- it's a dramatization -- but it's an important work and needs to be seen."""

Let's hope not, I hate censorship.

I know free speech! I am not one of those 58%

For those that didn't read this yesterday.

From the L.A. Times today. Here's the link so you can read the whole article for youself. I will post some of the highlights...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...p05,1,1332927.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews

The basic theme is there are several dozen television DVD's slated for release on September 11th. Path to 9/11 which had high viewership is not one of them.

""With no date for the release, questions are being raised about whether political pressure is behind its current status as a stalled or discarded DVD project. The reasons are murky, but the miniseries' writer, Cyrus Nowrasteh, believes it's crystal clear: Powerful forces are out to protect Bill Clinton's presidential legacy and shield Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) from any potential collateral damage in her bid for the White House.

Nowrasteh, also one of the miniseries' many producers, said he was told by a top executive at ABC Studios that "if Hillary weren't running for president, this wouldn't be a problem."""

"""This isn't about politics, said film director Oliver Stone, but about the right of artists to have their work distributed.

"This is a shame; it's censorship in the most blatant way," said Stone, who has hired Nowrasteh for several writing projects. "I'm not vouching for its accuracy -- it's a dramatization -- but it's an important work and needs to be seen."""

gives u idea that hillary is same as bush when it comes to personal freedom and liberties. We need a champion of the people in 08.. unfortunately this will not happen.

I haven't looked into this too much, but I would put more money on the fact that Hillary has powerful supporters in Hollywood who are doing this on their own.

Not that I put it past her, but she's too shrewd to leave any trail for something like this...

its abc that isnt releaseing the dvd, they have the distribution right i think... i could be wrong but i think that what i read

I haven't looked into this too much, but I would put more money on the fact that Hillary has powerful supporters in Hollywood who are doing this on their own.

Not that I put it past her, but she's too shrewd to leave any trail for something like this...

This is the evidence:

Oh, ok. Well, they are talking to the same audience who sat slack-jawed with belief and fear when they were told "I was told by a senior admistration official that Saddam is preparing to attack NYC with chemical weapons, within two weeks".

This is the evidence:

Oh, ok. Well, they are talking to the same audience who sat slack-jawed with belief and fear when they were told "I was told by a senior admistration official that Saddam is preparing to attack NYC with chemical weapons, within two weeks".

they could both be true... weather thats actuly the case or not, he cold have been told that.

I think it is far more likely they are holding it until closer to Primary time as it will sell better then.

However, if the person who owns sole rights to release a movie chooses not to in order that you might not see it and have a thought that they don't want you to have, it would be censorship, IMO.

For those that didn't read this yesterday.

Aww Cawacko, are you done crying yet? Were you boo hooing when this right wing hit job, filled with BS, was broadcast on ABC before the 04 election?

and your little right wing hit job will get released before the 08 election don't worry, but, unfortuntely liberals this time aren't letting the subject get changed from:

HEY BUSH, WHERE IS BIN LADEN????

And that, I can guarantee you.

At this point, Bush has had almost as much time to get Bin Laden as Clinton had.

The big difference? Bush has an infinitely BIGGER reason to go after Bin Laden, and more leeway to utilize resources, than Clinton ever had.

Smaller difference - I don't think Clinton ever said OBL was irrelevant...

At this point, Bush has had almost as much time to get Bin Laden as Clinton had.

The big difference? Bush has an infinitely BIGGER reason to go after Bin Laden, and more leeway to utilize resources, than Clinton ever had.

Smaller difference - I don't think Clinton ever said OBL was irrelevant...

Bush also promised the American people the murderder of 3,000 Americans, "dead or alive". Instead, he's laughing his ass off somewhere. Probably plotting to kill more Americans.

Bush should be in prison.

Lol how many people would buy this. They'd probably lose money on producing the dvd. Sounds like a good business decision not to release it.

Aww Cawacko, are you done crying yet? Were you boo hooing when this right wing hit job, filled with BS, was broadcast on ABC before the 04 election?

and your little right wing hit job will get released before the 08 election don't worry, but, unfortuntely liberals this time aren't letting the subject get changed from:

HEY BUSH, WHERE IS BIN LADEN????

And that, I can guarantee you.

There's no crying in politics.

What you call a right-wing hit piece I call a reinactment of what really happened. It seems (if I many borrow a couple of Cypress' terms) Clinton lovers and Clinton apologists don't like the film because it shows their (another Cypress term) 'hero' in a not so great light on this issue.

And this story is coming from the L.A. Times which is no bastion of conservatism.

What you call a right-wing hit piece I call a reinactment of what really happened. It seems (if I many borrow a couple of Cypress' terms) Clinton lovers and Clinton apologists don't like the film because it shows their (another Cypress term) 'hero' in a not so great light on this issue.

And this story is coming from the L.A. Times which is no bastion of conservatism.

Perfect Cawacko, you have come full circle. "And these wmd stories come from the NY Times which is no bastion of conservatism" lol. Geez, they always see you guys coming huh?

There are certain historical facts Cawacko, and it really doesn't matter what you or John Gibson "call them". Sorry.

Lol how many people would buy this. They'd probably lose money on producing the dvd. Sounds like a good business decision not to release it.
I would add it to my propaganda collection, it would probably sit right next to Farenheit (and Farenhype) 9/11.

It's a dramatization. It's not a reenactment. They made things up that didn't happen. It's fiction. The makers of the film will tell you the same thing.

Perfect Cawacko, you have come full circle. "And these wmd stories come from the NY Times which is no bastion of conservatism" lol. Geez, they always see you guys coming huh?

There are certain historical facts Cawacko, and it really doesn't matter what you or John Gibson "call them". Sorry.

Yes there are historical facts. "Clinton lovers" and "Clinton apologists" want to view them in a different light than reality.

Back